• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanclief's visit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanclief's visit

I was wondering who decided what farms Vanclief would visit? Saw pictures on the news of the farm at Leduc it looked liked the garden of eden compared to my area. Looked to me like there was feed there. Seems to me he just skipped over the bad areas, maybe he doesn't want to know how bad it really is!

I think they probably got a list submitted by the various Liberal riding associations and worked from there. Wouldn't want to embarass him too much you know. Particularly now that he's signed on to support Chretien.

Comment

Hi all,

Reports are that half of Chretien's caucus signed up to support him.

But then a couple of members said that, though they hadn't signed up, their names were on the list.

Didn't knifing the leader used to be Conservative tradition?

Is politics getting leaner and meaner?

Good wishes for the week ahead.

Comment

Wow!! That was quite a visit. Mr. Vanclief should have been looking at barley that is 6 inches high or wheat that turned dead ripe in the middle of July because the grasshoppers ate all the leaves off of it. But I guess we're talking about the federal government here, it would be too much to expect for them to do something right.

Comment

Lets be honest Vanclief is scared shitless to come out and talk to a group of farmers in Saskatchewan where it has been really dry. If you work real hard at it, you can ignore these few discontents from out west and they eventually will go out of business. Of course by that time the minister will be collecting his 5000 dollar a month pension sipping rum on the beach in Barbados and won't have to worry about anything except dying from liver failure. I am not at all impressed!!!!!! I guess he doesn't really give a dam.

Comment

I'm thinking Mr. Vanclief must be older than we think. On the news he was talking about the drought and said he's been there done that. To make a statement like that he must have been farming during the thirties, which from what I hear wasn't as bad as this year.

Comment

He was in Junior Farmers with Dad but a year or two older which would make him 60 give or take a year. Think maybe his mind is playing tricks on him.

Comment

The good news is that the prime minister is resigning in 18 months. Whoever the new prime minister is, one of the first things he will do is get rid of some of the garbage out of cabinet. So Mr. Vanclief will be gone quickly and we won't have to worry about him anymore. Maybe he will be the new minister responsible for indian affairs, they would eliminate him within a month, it is only agriculture which has to endure this kind of indifference from its representative in cabinet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.