• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea tests today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea tests today

Did some fungicide / nutrient trials today
    Full rate priaxor
    Priaxor with 1/2 ltr Ligno humate
    Kugler 178C 3 LT with 2075 3 LT no fungicide
    Check - nothing
    Did two separate trails , same side by side set up.
    Disease presure is very low and we are on the dry side but pea crop at this point is very good .
    Not sure what we will see but it's up to Mother Nature now.
    Sorry don't have the time or man power to do replicated trials so just field scale on peas seeded 6 days apart . I will leave many replicated trials to those with the means to do so. We do close to 40 canola trials as well so don't have time for more than what we can do properly .
    1 st field 30 % flower 2nd field 10 %

Sounds interesting, hope you can see some response in your trials strips.

Have you heard of a new strain of root rot in peas on the east side of the province. Patches spread and grow at a phenomenal rate during the growing season. Talk is 10years before growing them again on diseased land. Won't be able to grow lentils on that land either as this strain affects both crops. Coming in on land that had rotations less than 4-5 years.

Comment

Aphanomyces? Or something even newer?

Comment

Holy Crap is it dewy here in the mornings. I wonder how much water gets released from these lush crops... like the buggers are growing so hard they're sweating!!!

Comment

Not sure but two years ago 60% of the root rot here was fusarium root rot , it was not all aphanomyces root rot.
          I am just as concerned about that as I believe there is a direct link with certain wheat varieties that are more susceptible.
          Three years ago I had a distinct line on hard red wheat stubble and winter wheat stubble in my peas.
          After certain events happened and root rot exploded the hrsw stubble was way worse and confirmed Fus root rot was 80% the culprit there.
          I still have the IR shot of the field and it is amazing to see the difference.
          So that could be it , I am not sure though.
          There is also a link from the high use of round up over time and increased fusarium levels .
          I am not sure why fusarium root rot is talked about by industry - cause it's just as real an issue IMO

Comment

The winter wheat hard zero Fus , the spring wheat was hit pretty good

Comment

Actually had dew here this morning
              Humidity up from all the rains around us yesterday I guess .
              Spraying peas yesterday the ground is hard and dry - barely left a tread mark in places - made me wounder wth I was doing lol

Comment

If it continues to be wet peas might be a thing of the past! Neighbour grew peas on ground that hadn't seen them for four yrs, field is a right off. Don't be in a hurry to lock in prices she's a long ways from da bin. There's large green lentils fields that are two ft tall and no flowers yet. Thankfully I have reds. Interesting month ahead!!

Comment

furrow, yes those fields seem to be on HRSW

Comment

Be interesting to see the history of round up and pre burn Chem used there

Comment

Furrow, how long from first flower were you spraying at (what % flower)? We are going to spray our peas tomorrow with full rate priaxor and possibly 2lt to 4lt of 2075. It is about 5 days from first flower. Can just see more and more flowers as you drive by but the fields are not covered. Any thoughts on that mix?

Comment

My pea crop is turning white on top.....better spray something on it. ;-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.