• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A walk through the pea plots ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A walk through the pea plots ..

Went through the Racks pea plots yesterday, it's going to be a carbon copy of last years results . Yield yet to be determined but the percent differences will be about the same.
    Anyone who says certain foo foo products don't work , need to look at that data from last year - this year will be the same .
    The effects of herbicide injury already show big difference in plant health and growth.
    Exact same layout as last year so it is easy to walk through and see first hand
    No coffee shop b/s and second , third or forth hand misinformation needed. Just fist hand touch , feel and observation tells a huge story

Furrow

Anything on using odyssey and then getting lots of rain?

Comment

The nice part about it, quite different environmental conditions this year compared to last year. Dennis is doing plots on lentils also this year. Watching the radar everyday, he might just get lentil soup south of Rosetown. Heavy rains every few days. 4 inches at Soveign colony yesterday.

Comment

Bucket - if you used straight herbicide - get fungicide on ASAP to try to save the top end of the pea plant .
        All these trial have been done with viper.

Comment

Not sure that's possible.... the nodules are turning brown and waterlogged.

Comment

Why is there no block that has Heat used pre seed? I'm looking at the book right now and trial only show pre emergent Heat.

Comment

Good question for the Rack
              I don't set up their plots lol

Comment

I am fairly certain you know the answer to your question , I do but your fishin and I ain't biting lol

Comment

Haha. But you can't just omit something and bash it and expect to have a reputable research paper on it in the end. One of a few things that put the pea plot results into question.

Comment

What's the difference pre emerge to Preseed. 3 days? Doesn't make any difference don't use heat in spring if you grow peas.

Comment

Using the heat preseed would raise the question mark of seeding openers and soil disturbance (hoe vs disc etc).
                      So the Treflan/Authority/Glyphosate tank mixed? My chem guy this spring said it would turn to toothpaste. Does the Treflan work without incorporation on direct seeded fields?
                      Thanks

Comment

Klaus - What does an opener do to soil? Moves it away from the seed bed. Heat is perfectly safe chemical and superior to any other pre seed option for pulses.

This is where poor research and jumping to conclusions gets you.

Comment

And I bet ya The Rack doesn't mind selling a farmer Authority/Treflan and there 15$ micro mix.

99% effects when it comes to aphanomyces comes from rotation and weather conditions.

Comment

Well , well . That raises an eyebrow who you are .. Lol
                            Heat is registered to spray post seeding up to ground crack of emerging crop . That is the reason they are doing it post seeding - lmao
                            Yes you are 100% correct , somewhat safe as a pre seeding tool , if you remove the treated soul from the seed row when seeding . This research proves otherwise post seeding that was recommend safe till ground crack
                            Whoops - I bit the hook lol

Comment

Did you actually walk through the plot last year - actual results were in your face - and are this year
                              They did not omit anything - just doing what was recommended by the Chem reps at the time and replicated it - many times with the same result .
                              Oh oh , fish on !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.