• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A walk through the pea plots ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh get your panties out of a knot!

I will give you that 99% of pulse growers didn't know that Treflan has some effect on suppressing the disease. You knew, I knew but yes most didn't and still don't.

I know you didn't say it but did kind of hint at it. When it's wet wet wet all bets are of but rotation still played the biggest role in 2012 and 2013. Is 8 years enough? Couldn't tell you but having peas and 80s of a quarter section once more in the last ten years was enough for root rot to make it a 7bu crop opposed to a 45bu crop on the other 80. Numerous examples similar to that.

Comment

Focus is an interesting option. I don't have the rack book in front of me. Is that is the plots? How did it compare to other treatments?

Comment

And walking in your fields without your consent. I can't see how the canola varieties you are selling compare with each other? I've walked in numerous of your canola strips plots without anyone around. Figured you were a local retail trying to help local farmers out so no big deal. Wrong again I guess.

I have some no trespassing signs on 2 foot posts. I can put one up for you if you'd like.

Comment

In the same breath. Like that massive majority of farmers, I encourage and respect research.

There's an interesting one down the highway from yours by the tracks. Increasing plant stand and use of some biostimulants. Another worthwhile one. Nothing beats local research.

Comment

What tracks ? We have nothing by Any tracks anywhere . I am starting to believe you are full of shit - big time . You bad mouthed Kugler because it did not work for you - well you never used it - ever , after I pinned you on that you admitted it. You have a bee in you hat for whatever reason and hammer me at every chance .
            Like I challenged you a few years ago to come see for your self - with me - no balls to show up and and do it . Your like one of those Fukin clowns in the the muppets in the balcony who spouts off with no regrets
            My door is open , beer fridge stocked - lets go look together - or shut the *** up !!!!
            I have never bucked your opinion this much - be a man
            You know who I am - I don't know you - lets have a chat . Be a man not a child on here .

Comment

P&H has a little research plot north of their tracks. Not you. Sorry for not clarifying that.

Comment

And I didn't hammer you on these pea plots. They are not yours. Done by an independent of you company. You are just helping facilitate them by allowing them to use a small chunk of land. Which I commend. Like I said, I appreciate good local data!

Comment

http://www.arkansas-crops.com/2016/06/23/research-applied-fertilizers/#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/ydHt9bPm5W

Nice little op-ed that was going around Twitter today. Sums up my feelings on Kugler quite well. It's a good read agree or disagree.

Comment

Wise guy the same thing - my door is open or shut the *** up - you embarrassing your self
                    That financial comment was way too far , and way so wrong .
                    My door is open to any challenge - I expect the same in return .
                    I call a spade a spade
                    Too much wind is too much wind , and crop injury is crop injury - period ...
                    I have taken a lot of cheap shots from people who think they know me but on here - very few do and there is a point to put your chips down because I know very few and do not dig b/s at those I know without knowing them personally
                    Ado is one of few - and we dig back and forth but I know who he is and he knows me and we can go drink beer any day of the week .
                    This other b/s is getting Fukin childish .
                    For those involved - my office door is open - apparently you know wher o live and fish or not - be a man , my door is open .
                    I was only passing on info that should be known to all. It's a passion for me and I have been on both sides of the fence and know right from wrong. There is an issue with herbicides and plant health - it's a fact

Comment

Financial comment? I have a feeling you are taking a comment of mine the wrong way or out of context?

Comment

Of course there is a correlation between herbicides and crop health. In the same breath I'm not here to grow more bushels. I'm here to make more money. The two don't always go hand in hand. I respect your opinion regarding peas but I will disagree based on the economics on my farm.

Comment

I have never doubted or questioned your dedication or passion for the industry. That's not in question. You wouldn't be here debating the merits of your opinions on a heated manner if you didn't care about our industry.

Comment

I do not want to get between you guys in this but I do not think that there is anything wrong with how one guy goes about his business compared to the next guy. We all try to find a solution that will help put $$$ in our pocket. Why do some use urea or UAN or NH3?? Different strokes for different folks. I had a real eye opener when I received my condemdum (sp?) from the rack. There was solid info in there and I learned a lot. Also, just getting into the foliar side and I do see some merit in it. Furrow, I would like to pick your brain on the kugler product that you seem to have some experience with? I was looking back through some old posts and noticed that you were getting some good results from foliar products in your wheat. Have you tried it on canola or oats?

Comment

4G The voice of reason! What works on my balance sheet might not work for the next guy or vice versa. Well said

Comment

Saskcan, you are right about everyone's balance sheet and how they use them. I just want to say that after getting the rack's results and seeing how my peas did not yellow/stall with the micros that I added in compared to last year makes me feel better about the work they are doing. Not sure the agenda of some companies but it seems they have a full line of products to help you (I mean help them) pad their pockets. If I knew how to post pictures I would throw up a pic of our peas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.