• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit...

Ag and Brexit.... interesting times ahead! From DTN yesterday... "Britain's exit would certainly affect the bloc’s ag policy and has been a factor in the “exit” debate. Many UK farmers oppose EU rules. “What's gotten the farmers a bit angry is that, for the past few years, there have been efforts in Brussels to limit subsidies and get involved in regulations dealing with the environment,” Moore said.
    Were the UK to drop out of the multistate agricultural system, it would leave U.S. regulators and trade officials looking toward the UK government for an indication of what new regulatory structure would emerge, and analysts in the US have yet to predict what that would be, Moore said.
    “There is such a view of the unknown that we are literally writing a brand new chapter in economic and political history, and it's going to create just a mess in regard to how we put back some pieces of the puzzle,” Moore said.
    The EU’s Common Ag Policy has long been seen as highly protectionist, but it has been broadly supported by many in US geopolitical circles because it served at least partially to unite formerly bitter enemies and warring states."

President Obama must not be a happy guy... "US Supreme Court blocks Obama's immigration plan
    Split vote effectively kills Obama's executive order to protect millions of undocumented people from deportations."

Trump gets a couple of feathers for his cap!

So who has been short Canola for the last few weeks???

Cheers!

Comment

Tom long time no hear! I am certainly surprised today, I certainly thought the remain side would win. In the short term a bit of market turmoil but it will all straighten out when the world realizes the sky hasn't fallen. Enjoy the day:-)

Comment

Make Britian Great again.

Comment

I think the immigration issue had a lot to do with the vote outcome. Britain is tired of refugees/immigrants flooding in without economic prospects, leading to unrest, radicalization, etc. Trump will tap into that undercurrent in the US.

Comment

Go Brits. They have been leaders for decades and have decided to take the plunge into the unknown. Wind to your sails!

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
              I think the immigration issue had a lot to do with the vote outcome. Britain is tired of refugees/immigrants flooding in without economic prospects, leading to unrest, radicalization, etc. Trump will tap into that undercurrent in the US.
              I don't agree Braveheart immigration wasn't the big factor as far as I'm concerned. It was more about loss of sovereignty, a line being drawn in the sand by people who have resented slowly being taken over by a centralized EU Government and rules for decades.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/?campaign_id=A100&campaign_type=Email

WAPO: the left's print bible

By the way Grassy, you misused their for there or vice versa in a previous post.

Comment

Political analysts did list sovereignty as the number one reason for dissatisfaction, but had immigration policy at number three,which is still significant.

Regardless, they're coming out and should likely never been in. That cluster of land in Europe is nothing but trouble. Roman Empire, Napolean, WW1, WW2, Hitler, EU, always trouble.

Comment

Why is something so unimportant important?

Where is the contagion?

There is none.

This is warfare.

Think of the history,even back to the vangoths(sp) sacking rome.

I wouldn't have a clue but i suspect something changed in the power structure of europe.

Now we are talking about countries moving out of nato and going to the sco.

That is why the major shifts are happening today,or at least semi explains it.

When Putin talks,in front of crowds of very rich and influential people,well you have to see it to believe it and he is doing it all the time,you have to find it for yourself our media doesn't cover it.

The prize of course is turkey,which is still in our hands i think,god help us if it flips.

Comment

So with Germany left financing everything will they decide to pull the plug next?

Comment

Where does the money flow if Trump wins in Nov?
                        I would think a Trump victory would signal uncertainty due to his position on trade and renegotiating trade deals. I can't image the wealth that's moving today flowing into China or Russia. Brittan will still be unstable along with the EU, especially with a general election in France coming up, and other counties discussing their own referendum. Can' see it flowing to S.A. or Africa. What's left, Oz, N.Z. Canada, maybe India, the M.E.?

Or will the money still flow to the USD, even with DJT as Pres?

Comment

You can finance anything at a negative bond yield,whats the german at?-.25-50 can't remember,funny how you have sovereigns denominated in broad based currency.

The money ends up coming home,south africa is gone,nz and austraila should be ok the way they are playing their cards i think.south america is toast argentina may come out alive but i don't really know,tawain i would get the **** out of there like yesterday,them chinese don't cross borders but formosa has always been theirs and they will probably hand an ass kicking to the japs,what them chinks just did at the asia conference was biblical,the swiss are the most militarized on the planet they will be ok,hawii and alaska may fall,take a good look at singapore i think its a no go zone

Comment

Cotton:

Most importantly, how are YOU feeling?

email me a ph. number that works...

Comment

I'll suffer in piece,and i sure the heck don't want sympathy ,i'll pm you but christ....

You have got to stand up and save this industry,there is ****in is no one else

We are losing this battle,you have to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzMx60ea_gI

Just made piece with vader,smart man good man,colliding ideologies fore sure

I would do it but i get off as many rounds as you(metaphor)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.