• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprayer tires and crop dividers....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprayer tires and crop dividers....

What a fricken pain in the ass switching tires is. Especially if you're not fully set up for it. Heavy dangerous work. Twice a year....start with wide, switch to skinny then back to wide for the next year or unless you want to use wide for post harvest. Anyone pay to have it done?

Lucky are those who don't have to.

Who uses crop dividers? Mkay or Tridekon? Or waste of time?

My son and I change our tires, and the neighbor pays us $400 to do his as well. I built a jack stand and lifting attachement, plus a storage rack for tires. Safety is paramount as it could go very badly esp if using inadequate equipment. Another guy here gets Fountain tire, about $700 per change. Other neighbors hire all of the spraying and think that's pretty clever..everyone looks at things differently. I like doing everything myself when I think it's he time is right. Changing tires is not a one person job tho.
    I have Ekay dividers and think they are pretty good. Unsure if they will ever 'pay' but less trampled tall straw is easier to deal with the following year.

Comment

we run 15 " tires on an RG700 , so don't have to change tires , works good for both . someone mentioned they wouldn't have a sprayer with less than 1000 gal tank . that's the trade off , changing tires twice a year . I'm happy with the 700 gal tank and less ground damage . tried an RG1100 , way to heavy for our ground and conditions we have . we use tridekon on the front and find if you don't have them on , tracks in flowering canola visible for a long time . if there on it tracks are gone in a few days . much narrower track in cereals also, mind you we are running 15" tires , not 12" . tridekon are well built and customer service is very important to them .

Comment

Need one set of 710s and 200 foot boom.

Comment

Skinny Duals on Back that are easy to take off/put on... has worked out.
          Cheers

Comment

Hi Tom, long time no hear/here!!!

Comment

Im with you Tom 2 wheel peel, drive up on two 4x4's, under a 15 minute job.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...