• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4640 or 4655 Spra Coupe

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4640 or 4655 Spra Coupe

I'm looking at getting a spra coupe. Other than the sleeker body on the 4655 what are the differences over the 4640? How much legroom is there in the cab for a 6' 4" guy? I guess the upside of the 400 gallon tank is that you get out to stretch every time you refill.
    Thanks for any input

I would not buy a sprayer with less than 1200 gallon tank. It would get pretty tiring spraying fungacides with the small ones I would think. YOu can buy a used 10 year old JD or apache fairly cheap.

Comment

Agree looked at Spray coupes but 320 Imp Gals is a joke. The small tires STILL smash the crop down even if it weighs less. Usually 80' so actually more tracks in field. Looked at many "used up" HC and decided to stay 130' wheel boom, 1350 gals, 270 acres per fill, 160 acres per hour.....at 1/4 the cost ....happy!
      Good luck! Oh and I am 5'6", 150 lbs and the cab is tight, made for tiny people, claustrophobic .
      Last edited by fjlip; Jun 17, 2016, 13:07.

Comment

we had both very good sprayers but 400 gal tank is small. 7660 better fit with the 750 gal tank . all of them are rough and booms are junk unless you gey rogator booms. some had that option . auto tranny better also

Comment

I have a 4640. For my size farm it's been a great sprayer. I believe the 4655 has a bit tougher boom.

Comment

120 acres per tank! pretty good imo.plane puts on about the same amount of water, works good on fungicides. we've used them off and on for 40 years, one of the best weed killers out there. water doesn't kill weeds! And if you got lug tires on rear you can go through most everything

Comment

Last one we had was a 4650. Tiny cab. Plenty of power. Easy to tow behind a tandem - one man operation. 5 speed was okay. Goes through lots of mud with decent tires. Moved up to a 7660 and has been great, but if you're a 1500 acre farmer, nothing wrong with a small coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                120 acres per tank! pretty good imo.plane puts on about the same amount of water, works good on fungicides. we've used them off and on for 40 years, one of the best weed killers out there. water doesn't kill weeds! And if you got lug tires on rear you can go through most everything
                There is NO chemical recommended to be applied at 2.7 Imp Gal /acre? If that fine a nozzle, you got drift man. Tires still smash the crop, PSI is high. It is NOT a plane with turbulence, a total compromise.
                I still paid half of a used up coupe, faster and less filling, plus 5-8 gal/acre as needed.
                Last edited by fjlip; Jun 17, 2016, 19:22.

Comment

Just because 3.3 us gal. isn't recommended doesn't mean that it won't work. It does work. Using 80 degree nozzles at approx 45 psi i'll guarantee you the drift is a lot less than the big sprayers going 20 mph at 100 psi with their booms 10 ft. in the air. It works and it works well.

Comment

Went from a a xl67 flexi to a 4655. Only weakness was the booms. Awesome on fuel could spray 500 acres per tank of fuel, about a 30 gallon tank. Had 5 speed manual tranny. Bought it for 65 K used it 3 years sold it for 57. Now run a 7660 a bit smoother and quieter. Funny thing actually don't spray many more acres per day but a bit easier on the back. I am 5 8 at 6 4 cab might feel a bit small. A/C works awesome as well. I either sprayed 40 or 80 acres per tank. 40 acre fills got old with Liberty and fungicide. Sprayed 6 to 7000 acres per year.

Comment

Try to steal, oh I mean, buy an RG700 at auction. Still a pricey little unit.

I think alot of organic guys use the Stealth Spra Coupes. They can apply under the radar.

Comment

You can get low hour 7650 or 7660 spray coupe at good price
                        I've got a 2005 7650 and it has been the Most reliable machine on the farm.

Comment

mustard, have you not had any trouble with breaking those large bolts(3/4"x7" ??) on the trip mechanism, back center of the sprayer?

Comment

Never broke one yet after 11 years use

Comment

They work great ronski, on a good day you can spray 1000 acres no problem. Very reliable well built, efficient light and hardly leave a trace of a track. Great thru mud, won't kick up much dust. Easy to maintain. Auto rate, auto boom height, auto steer, auto section and all you do is watch the crop go by. With a good gps seeding and spraying you can set it up so the thing drives between the seed rows.

Not everyone needs or even wants a 1200 gallon tugboat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...