• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viper on peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viper on peas

I heard a few stories from people that thought they hurt their peas with viper . we have always used 1/2 - 3/4 rate pursuit . what's everyone think about crop safety with viper ? retail is telling us we have to make sure we want the viper we spoke for or will be all sold out . in other words if we take it we have to use it

Bassagran will turn them lime green for a few days, but it doesn't affect them in the long term like Odessey does...

Comment

Never had trouble with Odyssey. Works well. The guys that do are definitely doing something wrong.

Comment

I used viper last year after a break and now wish I hadn't.

Comment

Phone The Rack , they have a micro package that alleviates the effects . Or use a micro package similar.

Comment

Do it right. Right stage, Right weather, Right water volume. Never had any type of a major problem with any of the BASF pea products. 9 out of 10 problems are self induced with these products

Comment

8 out of 10 , and let me know when you can get accurate overnight low temp temps forecast 3-5 days out at Proper spraying time .
              Sudden cool overnight temps may not be an issue in the south but they do happen often here at the end of May till mid June . Right when peas are at the right stage

Comment

Sitting at nearly 3000' elevation here furrow. I know a thing or 2 about cool nights in spring. Like I said 9/10 times improperly applied. If your conditions on average don't allow the proper use of these products then don't use them. Part of the problem is guys want to try and one pass their peas. Perhaps a complete different strategy needs to be applied.

Comment

10gpa. Good weather. Never rained again until July. Good moisture at the roots.

Peas were stunted. Had the basf rep out.

Said they were fine. Yielded shit.

Could have a cleaner field by just going with 2 shots of round up.

Comment

lol - ok then thx for today's lesson . 👍

Comment

If its going to get real cold in 2 days don't spray the shit. It will hurt the plants.

Comment

Furrow

I did everything the agrologist said.

Even called the day I was spraying to make sure it was good since I was wasting 20 grand.

To be fair the fact it didn't rain again until they were podded might have been a bigger factor to the yield and why the chemical didn't work as expected.

Comment

Of course you don't spray if cool temps are expected - it's poor forecasting you can't trust - and its 5 days not two - read the fine print .
                          Bucket - yup been there too .

Comment

Well there is another issue that all of us pretty much have stated, and that is the very poor weather forecasts, how much money has that cost all of us? lots and it isn't just spraying its harvesting, swathing canola I know there were times big frost predicted and so swathed on green side and then never froze at all in fact got hot and shrivelled the crap out of the canola.
                            and complaining to each other doesn't fix the problem getting gov to focus on this is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.