• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best practices for Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best practices for Peas

In the past I have used the 30 acre rate of heat and .7 litre of RT 540 as a preseed application and I have used it 2 or 3 days after seeding. It seemed to work well. Many of you on here suggest treflan with authority and glyphosate. Are you using granular treflan in the fall? Can you spray the treflan in the spring instead of granular? Could you tank mix all 3, it is not a registered tank mix. What controls volunteer RR canola in this scenario? Any other suggestions?

Interested in the same thing, furrow has some great info on this. I know you ve shared in the past but I m not sure either you can t spray the treflan post seeding can you?

Comment

our program is:

double inoculate and treat seed with intego pulse. Add humalite to the inoculant as it goes onto the seed 1lb/ac

Seed at 3bu/ac with 120 lbs of 11-19.6-19.6-12

Spray authority charge plus gly 2 days after seeding.

spray with Viper plus half rate of odessy at herby timing.

Spray with full rate of acapella at 20% flower.... If an exceptional season (I.E. cool moist long flowering) go back in 2 weeks later with another pass of acapella.

Dessicate with 1l/ac of gly, straight combine, and then get drunk after delivery.

Comment

The rack sprayed all the together , (treflan, authority, round up) as a pre burn after seeding and it worked well, but gets a bit pricey.
        There was a big difference in yield on the Racks trials from the heat pre burn and authority, but there was a 3/4 in rain after the Chem aplication and emergence . Interesting to see a yield difference in all three locations though.

I like what Klause is doing as well .

Comment

Klause.... why do you double inoculate? Do you think it is necessary in which pulses have been a big part of the rotation for a while?

What is humalite and why use it? If it's only applied at a pound per acre could it be mixed with the granular inoculant?

Good thread.

Comment

Klause do you not worry about volunteer RR canola. I usually seed RR canola for one land rotation then Invigor next rotation helps eliminate volunteers imo. Authority does not list canola as controlled.

Comment

Hamloc, if you using the Authority Charge(box package), the Aim included is what looks after the RR canola, any canola as far as that goes. If your not worried about RR canola on a particular field, simply spray the Authority without the Aim,,,,and then later on a different field, mix the Aim w/ glyphosate and use on virtually any crop,,, cereals, pulses or oilseeds,,, pre emerge, even Invigor canola, to get rid of RR canola(or any canola you want dead during the burnoff). No rotation restrictions, as far as I know
              DYOD

Comment

That's all sound so complicated. Pressed burn with 2/3eql r-up and authority. Treat with vitaflo, put peat tag team on dry seed going into the drill. 64 lbs of MESZ with the seed. 1/3 rate pursuit with select in crop if needed. I have done half rate tilt and/or releaf P with herbicide . Quilt at flowering.

Comment

Pre seed burn with glyph.

Tag team granular with around 3 bushels of seed an acre.

Odyssey at proper stage.

That is it.

Looks like I am missing about seven or eight steps, and a whole lot of input cost.

I quit peas anyway, but that is all I did.

Comment

furrow the liquid phos what rate generally was used with the seed? Was that the biggest difference in yield or was it the type of burn off?

Comment

Klause, might be worth your effort to shut the fertilizer off for a strip at the far end of the field.
                      Peas are definitely not a starter responsive crop.
                      The best time to add nutrients is on the previous crop.

Comment

On my peas last year they got hailed out about a month after seeding.They came back a bit but where I sprayed authority they did not come back near as good.

Comment

In furrow liquid ortho phos gain between 6 and 8 bus/AC on 4 different strips for us last year . The rack seen similar results in their plots.
                          3.5 gal/AC

Comment

We just finished making our liquid caddy for the liquid starter that has a liquid innoculant injection system so we can inoculate on the go .
                            Going to treat the peas in the yard with just vitaflo and ligno humate . Set up a conveyor out of the bin with a G3 - into a roiling drum to tumble peas to replace auger then into anouther belt conveyor into truck - no more augers for treating . Gave er a test run today , should work very well.

Comment

Greybeard we see a 20 bu bump from using fert...

Humalite has lots of plant health benefits and I think it saved our peas in those wet years.

We double inoculate because we still grow peas on Virgin pulse land and our rotation is 1 in 5 years

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.