• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chickpeas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickpeas

How come nobody talks about them anymore ? Not growing any but they are tasty in pasta

Could be the year of the Kabuli.

Comment

chickpeas may be a good crop to grow on spec this year. lentils are stealing the thunder and peas. chicks aren't easy to grow and successfully bin. but i know a guy who retired quite young on chick peas in the last cycle...

Comment

Here Chickee!

Comment

I'm cleaning a shit pile of Kabulis for guys right now. Grew then myself 4 times. 1st at bat was homerun.. 2nd at bat hit a solid double. Next 3 times big old strikeouts. Game over

Comment

Mexico is quite competitive in the production of Kabuli's as they can get the large 12mm ones. The years that Mexico suffers from drought Canada can be competitive in this market. Lentils were easier and more consistent for Canadian producers.

Comment

Do they get disease bad ?

Comment

Now here's a dumb question but what is the difference between kabuli and desi?

Comment

.....about 10 cents a lb. in Kabuli's favor! (according to Johnston's, I can't guarantee accuracy!)

Somehow I don't think this is what you meant!

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                    Now here's a dumb question but what is the difference between kabuli and desi?
                    Kabuli=big seed and price
                    desi=small seed and price

Comment

Kabulis big imput's
                      Desis smaller input's

Desi yield more but some new varieties of kabuli's yield pretty good

One year we had desi and Kabuli chickpeas
                      Desi chickpeas yielded 40 bi acre
                      Sprayed fungicide 1 time
                      Kabuli -25 bu acres
                      Sprayed fungacide 3 times
                      That was 10 years ago since we grew chickpeas
                      Lentils are lot less inputs

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.