• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Field Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Field Peas

I will always remember the statement to me "don't be too hard on the seed cleaner. It has alot to do with the condition of the seed" So that being said I cleaned Meadows the other day. Hauling to the elevator off the combine 0.8% dock. On unload at the cleaner 2.8%. Thought it was a little high since I took my own sample when coming out of the bin 0.9% and 13.4% moisture. No doubt some damage was done loading but almost 2%? Saw the clean sample after going through cleaner. It looked great!! Less than 0.1% dockage. Then up 2 different belt conveyors with cups and drop in bin. Load out with conveyor and WTH 3.5% splits. It was discouraging to say the least. Took a sample from truck prior leaving cleaner. Did a moisture test 12.5%. I realize the moisture was dry but not to the point that I was concerned. The outside temp was warm and the seed coats looked really good. Am I being too picky or have I missed something here? Really great guys that run the cleaning plant and focus on doing the best job they can. Opinions??

All I know for sure is that peas can be very fickle and the dryer the worse it gets.

Comment

No you are not being to picky. We clean meadows all the time through our plant. Can have them come in at 10.5% moisture and 2% splits and send them out below 0.3% splits. Something is wrong. Bucket speed and conveyor belt speed is crucial. All my legs and belts have VFD speed control on them makes a huge difference. Secondly we only elevate twice throughout the process as it is a gravity flow plant. Have seen more cleaning jobs that look like a hammer was taken to them than I care to remember

Comment

The peas and lentils that got any rain on them will crack and seed coat will break a lot easier than peas or lentils that did not have any rain on them at harvest time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.