• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a tractor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a tractor

Hi folks, been pretty busy and away from the forum for a while, hope everyone is doing well. I'm looking for a utility size tractor, 50-80hp, loader, etc. Just need something for moving a bale here and there, plowing snow, pulling a post pounder and general chore work. I'm looking at keeping the price under $20,000 if possible. I've found some JD 2130, 4020, 1450 and various other older models. The problem is I'm not very familiar with these models. Does anyone have experience with them or suggest what they think is a really solid tractor, JD or otherwise, in that $20k range? Thanks in advance.

JD 4250. The 50 series is the best series Deere ever produced.

Comment

The 4240 run about that price range. A 4040 is a good tractor that should run just under the 20K with a cab in good shape and no FWA. I would move up to at least a 40 series JD, although the 50s have a heavier front end.
      For loader work a quad range is fine. If you can forgo a cab then moving into a 50 or 55 series is even possible.
      Avoid the 3155 in that range.

Comment

In my opinion those 2130 series type were THE worst tractors JD painted green.
        The 52 53 5400 tractors are very quick little tractors.
        Try to get the left hand reverse lever as that means a wet clutch.
        SL loader, joystick , start @ -25C.
        Bought one new FWA for 32k many years ago.
        10x the tractor the 3020.
        Case 1070's are as good as 4020.
        Sometime you can find one that isn't as wore out.
        Avoid the powershift 1070.

Comment

Here you go Darcy. Get kato to check it out it's in her neck of the woods.
          I have a 2955 and it's the best tractor I've ever owned.

[URL="http://www.ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=1550312"]http://www.ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=1550312[/URL]

Comment

Sean why do you say avoid the 3155? My Grandad and some friends have had them and really liked them.

Iain I've found a couple 2955's that I'm inquiring about, good tractors for sure from what I've seen. Only ever ran one on a reclamation project for a few weeks many years ago.

Comment

Sean why do you say avoid the 3155? My Grandad and some friends have had them and really liked them.

Iain I've found a couple 2955's that I'm inquiring about, good tractors for sure from what I've seen. Only ever ran one on a reclamation project for a few weeks many years ago.

Comment

My understanding of the 3155 is a dry clutch. One of the greatest strengths of a JD is the wet clutch.

Comment

That dry clutch will work for occasional use.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...