• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new session

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new session

took some time to watch the opening session today ...... after a fair bit of bunk they finally were approached about the BSE problem.... I thought things were finally going in the right direction when my own MP from portage Lisgar changed the subject back to more garbage......i just e-mailed him about priorities but have to wonder...... what do we have to do to get this back on the agenda......it seems that days run into months when we're not in the news

Yea it seems like they sort of forgot us or when those first few loads of beef moved the media figured this problem is solved so no story here! I suspect now the public will think they've done their part and let the good times roll. And afterall why would the politicians want it any other way? No more money going out to those pesky whining farmers and lets get down to the real important stuff! Fruits, dopers and the Jean and Paul show!
    While another bunch of farmers quietly pack their bags and move to the city! No problem here!

Comment

I don't know if it made the media outside of Sask. but a bunch of ranchers set up pens and hauled cows onto the parking lot of the Sask. legislature in Regina.

They were set up in the wrong place though as they were trying to get Ottawa's attention.

J.C Superstar's or VanGrief's lawn or Parliament Hill would have been a better location. How about you eastern cattlemen take up the charge.

Comment

I kind of thought the media coverage on the Sk. legislature cattle sucked. There was hardly anything about it, the CTV news last night had a small blurb then went onto something about Madonna.

I am afraid the hipe has gone, I've noticed a lot less ads about eating Canadian beef to.

Comment

I'm guessing that the media attention is a good thing ...I just wonder what the feds should do.....I'd love to know what the Americans are working on or whether it is low on their priorities as well or whether it is just a matter of time....I'm encouraged by the price of 900lb yearlings.....somebody has alot more confidence than me

Comment

There was nothing on the National last night about the Sask. thing. It was all about the liberals and the gays. You would think this is about the most important thing in the world! There was also a bit about how the governments dope wasn't right up to snuff! Apparently it makes the smokers sick or something. Maybe the feds need to sub-contract this dope growing business out to the Hells Angels or something!
            I suspect the Americans couldn't really care even if they know anything about our problems. It's like Sean wrote in the Harlan Hughes thread. We are an annoying little blip on their cattle market.

Comment

LOL ... cowman I talked to a producer yesterday and he told me he felt the government Dope deal reflected the same challenge producers have. When I looked puzzled at his statement he told me, well they got a bunch of book worm MBA's to grow the pot and they should be listening to the guys that have the real hands on experience!

I'm not sure if this should make one laugh or not, but I could relate and got a chuckle from his observant statement!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...