• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belgian Blue Cattle

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian Blue Cattle

Does anyone have any up to date information on the Belgian Blue breed? We AI bred some cows a few years ago and I have been really pleased with the resulting 1/2 blood cows that we kept. I have found them to be quiet, good mothers and have plenty of milk. We are now breeding some more AI and I would like to keep some of the resulting bulls to use as a terminal cross on our primarily Angus Hereford cows. Is this breed a past tense or still a viable breed? Another advantage to them I think, is they are a smaller terminal breed than some of the exotics, which makes the packing plant happy.

I have some information on Belgian Blues and would be happy to send to anyone interested. I believe the Association is restructuring. Belgian Blue Cross Calves are being paid premium at stock yards in Ontario. Our experience with cross calves is that they are quiet and gain quite well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.