• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This looks good!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks good!

Had a neighbor sell 24 big grass steers on thursday. They averaged just over 1000 lbs. and brought anywhere from $1.11 to $1.1325! Now that is fairly decent I would say!

I keep wondering if I should bring in the calves and sell now before the rush hits or what?

Friends from here in Sk. hauled their yearlings to Brooks Ab. and sold earlier this week. He said the price was good. I wonder if it will drop once the big sales start to happen?

Comment

I wonder the same thing although I suspect on yearlings there won't be a huge rush. We sent a pile of calves to the states last fall...I wonder if these are the "American beef" the Japanese are eating right now? And I guess there is going to be a shortage of beef this fall in Canada(read that young slaughter beef).
      Feedlot guys are funny people! They lose their shirt for 8 months but if they see a glimmer of hope they pile right in! Gotta love their attitude! They make it rock and roll for the rest of us! We shouldn't bad-mouth them because without them our cow/calf and grain industries would be toast.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.