• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grain belt plus honeybee flex header

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grain belt plus honeybee flex header

anyone have any experience with one of these flex headers ? think it's an 07 ? one of the first flex made . good or bad ? would appreciate any input . thanks

I have owned one since new; also 07 or 08. It has worked very well with almost no mechanical issues. Feeding in all crops is very good. A little hard to see cutterbar from combine seat. Very heavy and oil runs hot. Summary is I've been happy with it enough to keep it this long but I think the new air flex has a bunch of improvements.

Comment

Hot oil is never kind to seals and o-rings. Is there a way it could be sent through a cooler? Maybe it doesn't get "that" hot.

While shopping for a swather, I sat in a Deere 4895 with a honey bee header on it. Couldn't(or barely) see the cutterbar because of the high back on the header and it was set out in front of the tractor so far. Then the pillars were in the way of seeing the ends of the header, needless to say...

I thought being seated higher in a combine would have helped see over and past the back of the header???

Comment

Possibly could add a cooler to the oil system. It is hot enough that you can't really touch the reservoir after working it. But haven't had any seal or pump issues at all...now that I said that..?
        And cutterbar vis is mostly an issue with the header tilted forward a lot, like for scraping up lentils or peas. It's better with less tilt for standing wheat.
        I still believe the flex cutterbar style is better than the three section flex table design like Macdon, but I could stand corrected on that.

Comment

That's all honeybee headers... Our grain belt is the same way on a Claas... if you tip the header forward for a steeper guard angle you literally can't see the knife.

Maybe the flex heads are better, but the ridgids not happy at all... D****r drive ends broke out, canvas falling out of guide rails (there's no center support). Knife breakage...

Ours is an '07.

Comment

Hot oil on those are usually attributed to excessive oil over relief, so relief has to be cleaned or replaced. Also if your belts are not in line, it will cause the pump to work harder. No experience with these, just what I was told.

Comment

Relief cartridge meant on my first post, since it would not let me edit it.

Comment

Relief cartridge meant on my first post, since it would not let me edit it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.