• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8120 case ih combine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8120 case ih combine

thinking about buying one of these for a second machine , anyone have any experience with them ? good or bad ? have heard horror stories about the choppers . also considering a Massey 9895 about same age . would appreciate any input on these two machines . thanks

9895 is way to go if land is relatively flat.

Comment

Neighbour has 2, loves them... Hopper had 1 too...

Hopper's had a different chopper on it, never any issues, other neighbour had both let knives go into the engine compartment this year, no damage other than the holes thankfully... he thought it was the tough straw?

Comment

9895s are thirsty combines. Won't make a long day without refuelling. Simple machines...but who wants to own a MF? NEVER get into the "club" that way....

Lets face it, they may not have the dealer network and maybe not even readily available parts but....

Ours were equipped with MAVs

Comment

Neighbor demoed a 9895 this fall. Other neighbor came over to help him finish with his 8120. We were on 50 bushel canola, I had my old TR 98 there. My son ran the Massey for a couple of hours, he usually runs my CR 960(needed a bearing replaced didn't have time or it would have been there). His thoughts were the 9895 had a much noisier cab than our CR, less refined controls and wasn't much faster than our CR even though much more horsepower. As for the 8120, it had a steinbauer chip(which helps fuel economy and power) it was the fastest in the field, nice combine but burns a lot of fuel. We were picking up 30 foot swaths. Same neighbor with 8120 helped me finish straight cutting CPS wheat 75 bushel crop both combines had 30 foot heads. He was going about .5 mph faster than my CR. New Holland chopped straw better even though he has a fine cut chopper. Other neighbor with 2388 was there as well with 25 foot header I was impressed about the same speed as my CR with 5 less feet, had a rodono chopper did a good job, most fuel efficient of the 3 prob half the fuel of 8120.

Comment

I have a very good local Agco dealer in Trochu and was seriously considering a Massey until we tried this combine. My son told me if I bought a Massey I could run it he wouldn't. We have Massey swathers and a spray coupe sprayer so it is not because we are biased against Agco.

Comment

Run an 8120 every year in wheat and canola. Have not had any problems. It is thirsty as well since it was run with a 7230. In canola we had to make sure the chaff spinners were slowed down to reduce loss otherwise they could produce a vacuum at the rear and siphon canola off the sieves. Wonder if anyone else has observed this.

Comment

Why not look at a Claas? You have good dealer support, and you'd way more capacity per buck than any other brand... a 580R or 590R, or a 740... maybe get tracks for this wet weather...

Comment

The '30' series will use much less fuel than the 20

Comment

Friend sold MF and CIH. Way less stressful selling CIH.

Anyway, ran 8120 2 yrs now.
                    2010 and after had the harness for nav standard. Mid '10 they changed the stationary knife pan under chopper for the better. Chopper brngs had issues regarding grease. Update now available.
                    If you have a lot of rocks or roots put a plate under engine oil pan. Maximum blade chopper not recommended unless u feel u need it.(lotsa power use)
                    Dealer optimization had some settings regarding chaff tail pan and spreaders regarding sucking canola.
                    Small tube or standard rotor might be a preference thing regarding conditions. Small tube possibly better in certain certain conditions (tuff, gentle crop, rocks,fuel,)but harder to set in hard thresh wheat or difficult if your fussy.
                    Depending on hours your feeder top shaft and gearbox may need an overhaul. Just as cheap to get whole gearbox. 2016 update available for shaft. Went from no clutch on shaft, to greasable radial pin clutch, to non greasable by 16.
                    If dealer has done update on air filter u will have no problems.
                    Depending on hours see if 600 hour oil service has been done, as farmers sure as hell dont do it.
                    Ran mine 500 hrs. Repair bills $35.00, rad cap didnt bleed on cool down.
                    Bought another machine this fall. Next summrr needs rad cap as well. Also $10k parts in front end at 800hr thresh.
                    I feel the fuel /acre isnt a lot different from the heritage machines as they are built for speed.
                    In very green peas etc. remove deflector from tailings processor discharge.
                    Pre def machine, still simple, with no exhaust reburn.
                    Just my 2cents without starting a color war. I have outstanding dealer support makung a difference regarding tech issues, updates and settings. (tech and machine)

Comment

Mustardman I assume the fuel economy improvement is due to urea injection. New Holland salesman claimed the same thing. Have you had any issues with this system?

Comment

8120s good reliable machines, and lots of capacity. Extra fine chopper uses more hp, but does a great job of chopping and spreading. Cutom balers wont touch windrowed straw from these machines as it is too fine to pick up even with the chopper turned off.

Comment

We've got a 7230 and no urea hasn't been a problem yet. Uses same amount of fuel as our 2388
                          7230 has same cleaning area as 8230 but smaller engine

Comment

And we're getting more done with a 40 ft header versus 36 ft on 2388

Comment

thank you everyone

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.