• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFID Tags

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFID Tags

Sadie,
    I updated my CCIA info at Agribition and recieved 5 free CCIA tags and a set of pliers. The pliers/tags were made by Z Tag and we have only used Allflex in the past. The pliers snap back and have a flip out pin that I really like. The tags went through the ear A LOT easier than the allflex ones (that was one of my bugaboos). They are in some yearling heifers on bale grazing and a couple of yearling bulls that are in a group with a bale feeder. If the retention is the same as the other tags, I think we are switching over.

Have used Z tags for the regular write on tags for a while and find them pretty reliable...so lose a few, but not nearly as many as the Button tags....think Alflex has a similar style as well.

Comment

Sean I've been using those tags for about 6 years now - they definitely are the best for retention. Spring loaded pliers are the key, we discovered that in Europe so as soon as I found the Zeetags with these pliers I bought them. We lose around 1% from birth to 18 months in all cases the whole tag rips out of the ear. Never seen one come apart.

Comment

Love love zee tags. Use all dangle and rfid from that company. I hate that piece of junk all flex tagger. You'd think in 50 some years they could improve. Retention is no hell but those y tex take the cake for falling out or breaking off. Heck the cheapi zee tag feedlot tags last longer in the calves than anything. As far as rfid most brands will be adequate if you get them on right but a crap tagger makes it hard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...