• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadstock

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadstock

What's going on with the deadstock industry in the west? The companies here were talking about quitting earlier, now our local one has just given up on having anything to do with rendering, he just skins them and composts them and is now planning on putting in an outdoor furnace to heat his house and shop with the bones left over.

As far as I know no one else is doing what Aylmers is doing with them!Actually here in Manitoba I believe they're just going to landfills.That is the people who will admit to having a dead animal these days!

Comment

Thanks. One thing I know for sure is that the landfills here won't go anywhere near them.

Comment

The technology you are talking about is called bio-technology and is supposed to break everything down into useable product. Gas, fertilizer and pure water. I'm not sure why we haven't heard more talk about this. I do know the guys from swan hills says the waste plant up there thought the carcasses from those animals killed and sent there burned like rocket fuel!

Comment

Now if I can just figure out how to get that cow into the Lennox!

Comment

If you figure that out cowman let me know, I understand this is part of the project.

More and more rural folks are a tad feedup with the high energy bill. These units work on a small scale so I understand. I think we may have to be innovative when it comes to putting the cow in though!

Comment

Valuechain: I'm sure you've seen those outdoor wood burning type furnaces. Maybe with some modifcations you could dump a cow in on top of the wood. I doubt it would be worthwhile for your average farmer but on a bigger scale it just might work. Say an industrial greenhouse or generating plant.
              Occasionally I'll burn a dead animal but usually just let the old coyotes recycle them. In the summer they tend to get rotten too fast even for the coyotes to handle so then I'll burn them. I wouldn't let the dead animal truck on my place even if they paid me!
              However the coyote method does have its drawbacks! Nothing like a pelvis or leg bone through the combine to make your day complete!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.