• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frogs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frogs

Somewhere I heard this thing about how all the frogs are biting the dust. No shortage here! Just lately I've had a pile of frogs around. Little green ones and also little leopard frogs. The garden is full of them and so is the lawn. I assume they are attracted to the moisture. Now where in the heck do they come from? I don't have any sloughs or creeks within about a mile of my house. It's like they were dropped out of the sky.

Hey Cowman - They seem to have dropped out of the sky to our place too. We are north of Hanna and it is dryer than a popcorn fart. Have lots of little "tree" frogs around the house hopping around with the grasshoppers - go figure. Even seeing the odd salamander but no moisture here at all. Also seeing mormon crickets. Seems kinda weird to me.

Comment

That's a great sign that things are starting to rejuvenate. How, I'm not sure, given the lack of moisture etc., but they say that if the frogs are there, then things are good.

Comment

Hey pickarock, what is a Mormon cricket? Never heard of that one?

Comment

Lot's of salamanders here in Sk. Not much moisture here either. Crops are suprisingly pretty good.

Comment

Cowman - The mormon cricket is a GIANT grasshopper as much as I can figure. They are not a cricket but part of the grasshopper species. Have a look at this link http://extension.usu.edu/hoppers/htmfiles/mormoncrickets.htm
            People out here seeing them all over.

Comment

nice to see some critters around. That's allways a sign of a healthy system. Years ago I was told that you never want to see any morman crickits around. They are supposed to be the start of a bigger problem [swarms] Iv seen them and I think they would devour a field in hours.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...