• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Specific Herd Management Software

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Specific Herd Management Software

Greetings, I am also looking for a good herd management program, however I need something that allows some flexibility in the type of data entered. I raise cashmere/spanish meat goats, and am looking for something with which I can keep track of pedigrees as well as a number of specific characteristis of each animal and their ancestors: birth weights, rate of gain, as well as fibre data like fleece yeilds, fibre diameter, and style. Is there any such thing as a program like this, for a reasonable price?

I'm not sure that The Rancher has all the features you are looking for, but certainly has many of them. Check it out at the web address below.

Comment

Hi! In response to your question, I can recommend two programs that might well suit your needs. One is Cow Sense, and the other is the Red Wing Cow/Calf Production Program. Although their names indicate beef, they are both very flexible in terms of what they can track, and the reporting. The Red Wing program will allow you to set up user-defined fields and values, so tracking fleece yields, antler velvet yields, fleece grades, etc. should be no trouble. It is also a full-fledged R.O.P. program that tracks all animals in the herd, birth, weaning, yearling, and other weights, veterinary treatments, breedings, and pedigree information (as does the Cow Sense program). The programs are reasonably priced, especially the Red Wing which is on sale for January only at $495. You may consider this a blatent plug, as I am a dealer for these two programs! However, I am also a cow/calf operator, and have used the software for MANY years!! If you would like more information, or a demonstration copy of the program, please contact me. 780/785-2624 or rrmoon@telusplanet.net

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...