• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rack .... Pea report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rack .... Pea report

The intensive plot data for peas and a few other crops was rolled out today in Stoon .
    A huge amount of replicated data from over 6000 pea plots was shown.
    They gained well over 30 bpa on ave from certain pre burn , fertilizer and herbicide treatments and significantly reduced disease pressure regardless of fungicide.
    They proved reducing pre and post herbicide injury has a dramatic positive effect on plant health and yield.
    The combination of treflan , viper with micro nutrients , a liquid starter phos showed to be one of the clear winners in all cases both in yield and net $/ac.
    Very well done , first data of its kind in western Canada .

Hell of a job done by The Rack! I wonder if they will post online

Comment

I would imagine in time - but there is so much data it will most likely have to be summarized.
      I drove through that plot on ours at least 15 different times this summer. There was so many replicated plots and it was extremely well laid out.
      I wish this data was out there years ago, it may have prevented many pea wrecks the past few years.
      Some of those plots showed dramatic differences within the first week of emergence - it was interesting to see the final yield and net $/AC coincide with what clearly showed all year.
      They spent over $500,000 to set up and complete all those plots and resulting data - big thumbs up to see non - biased results on such a wide aspect of agronomics for peas.
      We had over 700 AC of peas within 2 miles of those plots were I tried several side by side field scale plots with a few of the similar treatments the Rack did. Results in our field scale trials were almost exact what they had in those replicated plots.
      What was also interesting is that the Sonningdale results were almost indentical to the ones in NB - all 2500 ish plots showed almost the same trends, yields , disease reductions and weed control.
      The Wilkie plots showed the same trends just with lower yields due to less rain and lower sub soil moisture.

Comment

What did you feel were the top 2 or 3 non obvious things that were discovered?

Comment

Great work! Look forward to hearing more details. Did they find what treatment works best on Canada geese? Out of season of couse.

Comment

I have feeling that after no rain until after podding followed by hail and still getting close to 30 I'm close.

Comment

Tweety - the top three were the addition of liquid treflan and sulfur with the liquid orthophosphate . Virtually reduced root rots to nil and had the biggest benefit to crop health . And that alone showed up in the biggest yield gains . By far the healthiest crop all season .
              To get 50 bpa plus on the rainfall we had stood out big time . Those peas only had 2.5 in of rain during the growing season, but with good sub soil to start
              Average pea yields were below 40 in the immediate area .
              Other than the field the neighbour had right across the road to the west . He averaged just over 50 but sprayed only Basagran with a shot of foliar . He had zero crop injury and had a clean field . He had higher nutrient levels as per soil tests than we started with.

Comment

I had a small field do 80. Don't know why, seemed to kick it into gear after the mid July rains. Meadows, good germination, heavy dose of granular inoculant, vitaflo, very clean with viper at 10 gallons and almost standing at the end. No fungicide, reglone. Probably never see that in my lifetime again. 11x80, I can live with that.

Comment

Did they use any Authority in the plots?

Comment

Yes authority was used in probably 2/3 of the plots , heat was used in the other 1/3 .
                    The cleanest plots from pre burn were from authority/rup/ treflan mix sprayed the day after seeding . That was in both the direct seeding and tilled plots.

Comment

good Information.

Comment

That's xool. I got 55ish bushels per acres. I used heat pre emerge odyssey ultra in crop. High seeding rate of 12 plants per foot. Granular tag team innoculant. 75lbs of S15. Can't wait to see thier data.

Comment

Are you using any dynagrow or any micros with the odyssey?
                          Are you spraying the heat before seeding or after seeding just prior to emergence ?
                          The S15 is a great fit , the S and P responses are very evident in the Racks plot data as well.
                          We got away with using just tag team for over 12 years and had great yields till we hit a wall - hard.

Comment

Do they have full retail cost including seed to grow, available?

Comment

Also this plot and land east completely missed a crucial rain that hit hwy 4 and west in mid to late July. Flowering virtually halted on lower input peas just after that. The higher input peas held on for a good 10 days after and got yields into that 50 range as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.