• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Times

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Times

I don't know about you but I see these times as about the ugliest times we've ever seen for the country people in the west(and probably the east...I apologize for being provincial) for a long time. Now I could have said the same thing last year for my area. We were in this ugly drought here.
    I guess BSE has made it ugly everywhere! The cattle guy this year for sure...the rest of agriculture in the near future! We pinned all our hopes on an export market for cattle! Now we could take down the whole thing!
    Remember The tough people who made this country! Not the slick politicians or the gougers or the damn lawyers or the beurocrats!
    You can survive! Get tough, do what you have to do to survive! We are capable of doing this! We did it in the thirties when the theives tried to rob our heritage! When the going gets tough the tough get going! Don't let the manipulaters rob you of your birthright...which is to be a FREE man!!!!

Well said cowman!!!!!!!! had a rough day needed that.

Comment

They say "the darkest hour is before dawn".Things will get better real soon.Tough times only make tougher people.
      We had it all this year.Drought(driest year ever),hoppers,a bad calving season,some poor crops,just to mention a few but for some reason this year I just don't care.I know it can't get any worse,and I keep telling myself that money is not the only thing in life.It's like Don Campbell I believe his name is in the last Cattlemen,"If you can't hug it it ain't important."

Comment

And that is why we like the cowman! Your point is that we are the people that will make this happen. If we depend on the groups of people you listed it would get worse.

The people that will lead us out of this mess is going to be the guy that lives next to you. The friend down the road that helped you fix your bailer when you needed him. Or the guy reading (or writing) these threads.

And when we look back on history it may not be any great historic point in time or a single name that can be put on the pages of a history book. It will be the people in the rural communities across Canada that work towards a common goal for the good of the agriculture industry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...