• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Peas

Just checking with StatPub today and noticed a little turn to the upside re green peas. Hope this is just the start. Got an email earlier during the week from a broker, that I'm sure others of you'll received, offering $10.00 for yellows.

go greens go!

I hope your right. They are going to have to be near perfect to get any decent price though if they do really start to move

Comment

And here is the problem with a marketing thread. I hate to brag up what I'm offered when there is supposedly an oversupply of green peas. Let out too much information(price and buyer) and there always seems to be someone who needs cash or just willing to undercut you to sell into the market...

Comment

Lots of green peas out there from the last 2 crops still. I dont expect any major shift in green peas in the next several months. From what I understand yellows can be used to replace greens in over seas market but greens cannot replace yellows. Not even at these low prices.

Comment

Lots of green peas out there from the last 2 crops still. I dont expect any major shift in green peas in the next several months. From what I understand yellows can be used to replace greens in over seas market but greens cannot replace yellows. Not even at these low prices.

Comment

My guess is that at least 60% of the green peas out there are above 5% bleach. The only market going foreword will be mostly for under 2%.
            There is a huge gap between precieved big supply and what buyers will be looking for and what will be available as far as 'good greens''

Comment

If your 'greens' are above 5% bleach you will be better off selling at $6 now than $5.50 a year from now.
              not trying to be an ass but it is what it is for the next 18 months IMO.. and I may be 100% wrong but the writing is on the wall....Problem is just like off grade lentils, yellow mustard, or canary seed - no one in the fukin world wants it, so good luck.

Comment

All you hear is that India over bought a year ago and blah blah blah, well when in history has India been the absolute only buyer of green peas on earth - ever? I will buy a bottle of rum to anyone that can disprove that because that is the only excuse that is out there - b/s.
                I will gladly buy a bottle of rum "domestic" their choice to clearly say and prove that is the only single market of green peas on earth...b/s
                This is the same b/s that we were fed on the yellow mustard b/s, and the canary seed market ... it's the buyers trying to *** the market as a whole ..
                IMO if you have good green peas, and can afford to stay patient as long as possible, do it. Every one else - it will be a long winter, summer, and into next year. It is what it is. I am not a buyer so disprove me , Dave , Vicky ?? Not looking to pick a fight , just simply tell the truth- the market as a whole is try to fukin steal good greens within this crop year. That's their job when buying. India may be the main driver but most certainly not the only game in town, as provin by past history sales to many other countries.

Comment

We just moved some for 8$ from 2014 production. Tops of bin had spoiled stuff and had to remove that first. Good to see that shit gone, no matter the price. You best check your bin around the outside about a foot down and the peaks of course. Peas were very dry at binning.

Comment

We moved most of our peas around as well.
                    We have had to deal with the mouldy peas before as well , your right not fun at all

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.