• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outrage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrage

The local community store owner just got a new shipment of ground beef in yesterday. He was about to put the stuff in the freezer when he looked at the box....."PRODUCT OF URUGUAY". He shipped it back on the same truck. Man I'd love to hang the guys who own that franchise....which to note, is SOLO Foods.

Even if the BSE problem had never happened in Canada, we should not be importing beef to this country as long as we have a quality product produced here!!!!!!

Comment

I am sure not happy with our government when it comes to the issues of imported product. At least they can put some plans together it is not as if they haven't paid their buddies to do studies on such possibilities. When they stand up and tell all of Canada they are putting more money into the ag industry, maybe they should be saying they are putting more money into there friends pockets in the way of more studies, reports and papers. Wellllll maybe they should pull some of those out and read them so we can get on with things!!!!!!!

Comment

Good for your local store owner! He should be commended for returning it.

Comment

Why can't Canada just say no? I know we have WTO commitments to take a certain amount but why if those countries shipping to us refuse entry for our beef? I mean the science says its safe. The U.S. ag minister says it's safe! Are there no rules regarding this?
          The Americans are always going on about the science of hormones(I think they even won a ruling at the WTO on this) and GMO crops...are they now saying no to the science of the mad cow thing? A bit hypocritical perhaps?

Comment

Cowman unfortunately we have our own border closed to either 25 or 26 countries last I saw, some of which have BSE running rampant but some of which have just as much science on their side as we do, yet we are expecting them to hold us to a different standard.

Comment

dalek: I guess you are right. I guess we are also a bunch of hypocrits! Which just goes to prove the old saying about rocks and glass houses!

Comment

cowman, your point is well taken. I have heard it said that some of the rules were made before we had as advanced science as we have. What this means is that I believe there is a push to review some of the WTO rules to update them to match todays' science.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...