• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers Markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers Markets

I like to go to farmers markets. Like the baking, fruit etc. Sure beats that trash they sell at Safeway! It's interesting to see all the different ways people try to make a buck. Some of the stuff is very innovative and artistic. Get out and support your local farmers!

Cowman, you are so right about the innovation that can be found at the farmers market. I for one truly believe that it will be through the innovations of the small player that we will see agriculture and agri-business change. The smaller operator can ensure that his/her products are meeting consumers needs and demands. You know you are on the right track when the bigger guys start to copy you i.e. Maple Leaf chicken and pork.

Many work hard to bring products to the market and I try to support them as much as I can. Limited funds and a desire to keep my waistline in somewhat of a balance sometimes curtail my purchases, but I really enjoy seeing what is out there.

Comment

Right you are, the farmers markets seem to be a way that the producer can express themselves. Also it's a way we can show everyone the difference between real food and what is in the store.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...