• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green peas ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green peas ..

Waiting patiently here now.
    Basically zero news anywhere and the odd 8 - 8.50 bid is still months away.
    The idea that there is a huge pile of greens sitting on farm needs to be dissected by grade.
    One small amount was offered at $9 for less than 3% in little while ago. That's not near enough and hopefully time proves that right.
    A local elevator tried to put together a few train loads. Yes lots of green peas available - but over 80% of the samples were 10% to as high as 50%bleach thus killing that opertunity.
    If/when the buyers come to market I think they will be shocked on how little greens at less than 5% bleach are avail let alone below 3%.
    Thus we are going to sit for a long time with ours tell reality sinks in if they come to market at all.
    My question is , is 20% of the current green pea stocks enough for ave market demand for less than 5% bleach till next crop? Or has the market demand really that bad? Acres will be down at least 30-40% next year. That will be switched out to lentils, yellow peas or other crops.

We're the green peas desiccated. In the lentil market good green Lairds are usually swathed lentils.

Comment

I would suspect yes as there is little swathing of peas anywhere around here.

Comment

We have under 3% bleach and a wee bit at 6%(had to stay out a bit longer and...). I was hoping for a premium. We desiccate ours as well. There was some carryover in this part of the world.

Comment

Really a sad market. Stuck it out on two other occasions when yellows climbed above greens in a substantial way, this third time really hurts. What makes it even worse is that line companies buy them now, which opens up a greater marketing field with better deliver options. Should have switched over yellows after the first time this happened, would have been money ahead, even with some great prices for greens in years past. Never thought the Indian's would pay that much for yellows, truth is, that it's a huge market.

Comment

I hear ya boarder - not fun.
            Also way too many "jumpers" got on the green pea market bandwagon a year too late and helped screw it up. Although the majority of those green peas are junk, the perception is there that there is huge on farm stocks of good green peas, then tie in the corruption in India and viola - a fuked market for two years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.