• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trimble bought agritrends

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trimble bought agritrends

I just saw this on twitter.

I am wondering why trimble would make this sort of move.

Anyone have any info?

Agri data or the whole works?

Comment

It sounds like Trimble bought it all.

Comment

Why not, farmers are willing to pay to give all there data away and then even buy it it back again. I'm sure Trimble never missed the business model possibilities there - or the irony.

Comment

I have to agree with Tweety on this one. Modern progressive farmers are very smart and technology saavy. They can electronically collect production data and send it off to their esteemed colleagues , agronomy /input suppliers, machinery manufacturers and to the market participants in real time if necessary.

Comment

We have an interview on our website with Rob Saik about the sale.
            http://www.producer.com/2015/11/agri-trend-founder-saik-excited-about-trimble-sale/

Comment

Oh i bet he is lol

Comment

Farmers edge is trying to get heavy into the data collection too.

Comment

So what is the end game of all this data collection?

Comment

Knowledge is power.

Lots of marketing decisions can be made from the information they will glean from you.

And don't question anything anyone puts in front of you. Sign all available marketing contracts.
                    Buy the newest most expensive, therefore the best, products and technology available.
                    Be the machinery companies free R&D, prototype testing, facility.

Just spend and don't ask questions....
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 10, 2015, 21:22. Reason: spelling error

Comment

The possibilities are endless. Identify geographic areas where the farms are the most profitable for potential investors. Seed and chemical companies can figure out what the willingness to pay would be for certain inputs.

Comment

Good points, data can be correlated in many fashions. The biggest obstacle is collecting it. Having the producers pay money and convince them they are not collecting it for you is brilliant.
                        I thought I was just a paranoid underachiever.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.