• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Prices and Rain and other stuff

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Prices and Rain and other stuff

Peas are not huge part of our programme only 400 acres don't know what prices are doing on the praries but $540 to 560 on farm depending on grade wheat barley everything is moving up. Weve negotiated with end users a price of $250 on farm for feed barley and wheat were bidding $290 on farm but there baulking at the wheat price.

Rain front anywere from 2 to 4 inches forecast here over next few days and almost 2/3 of Australia farming regions will get some godsend for some not so others.

Sprouting is a real issue in wheat down under as its not high on breeders priorities list because heavy rain events like this only happen every few years maybe 1 out of 5 or 6.

cheers all have a top day

oh ps more than rumour but not public glencore selling one of there crown jewels Australian storage and handling system of a % of it nobody knows exact details. my tip adm or cargills or sumitomo they own the port of mebourne but they may not be interested in all upcountry infrastructure.

Those pea prices are 40% higher than what I see here.

Are you growing Dun type peas?

Comment

That has to be a misprint on the pea prices?

Comment

Riders, green peas were near that price for a couple of years recently. Then think of the freight advantage from Oz versus Canada. We "might" see a spike for certain types yet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.