• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degelman ProTill

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degelman ProTill

There are four brand new Degelman ProTills coming up in the Ritchie Bros auction on October 15th.

I see there are Degelman Protills stacked at dealerships all over the place.

Have they made a few too many???

They look very heavy compared to the Salford or Jokers....maybe too heavy? I heard that 620 quad tracks can barely tug the 40ft protill at proper speeds.

I saw a Degelman Strawmaster Pro Harrow on the highway a couple weeks back. I think it is a near production prototype..OMG it was a monster! Huge steel beams, massive tines and I think 120ft long! Degelman likes it big!!!

Comment

I seen one in action, they do a nice job, bht take serious horsepower.

Comment

After a few dry years I'm sure there will be hundreds of these types of tillage units for sale.

Comment

10 cents on the dollar, short term fad...

Comment

Once you have a unit like that , there are many uses - 90% of us have wet areas , some have a lot , that need attention every fall . Pluse they do an excellent job on pea stubble in the fall . Makes seeding pea stubble in spring virtually hassle free regardless of weather at seeding

Comment

You sound like a fan furrow.. Hope you can afford it as it will be worthless garbage shortly Absolutely love mine. Solves a lot of problems and the pea stubble comment is spot on. Takes a lots of power and fuel tho . 9560R has its hands full at 10.5 mph depending on depth and the job you are trying to accomplish ..

Comment

Jdgreen

40 feet is almost too much for the 9560r?

Duals or triples?

Comment

These implements probably do a damn good job but low spots must be annoying to do, speed up, slow down to turn, speed up, repeat. Or do you turn around at 10.5 miles per hour?

Are they hard to navigate around irregular shaped wet spots at that speed?

What kind of a job do they do on standing cattails?

Comment

40 ft would be too much in black clay

Comment

I turn and skip every other pass at high speed and then come back and fill in the skips.. 40' is a load however most of my soils are loams so pulls fairly easy at 1.5 - 4" depending on the job. 10-11 mph..

Comment

We have a Salford 5100. Pulling it with a JD 9520 at 8mph is comfortable. I don't think you have to go 10 mph with this machine.

Pea fields that were disked last year produced beautiful crops this year and seeding was a breeze.

Comment

We pull our 40 ft pro-till with 620 quadtrac at 8.5 mph at 3.5" depth with no problem at all. Does a beautiful job. Works fantastic for levelling ruts, chopping up fall and spring weeds and unwanted residue of any kind. Seeded canola into pro tilled lentil stubble and germination was the best we've seen although we had ample rain for most of the growing season. Looking forward to putting it to use again this fall. Makes fall tillage a breeze.

Comment

We pull our 40 ft pro-till with 620 quadtrac at 8.5 mph at 3.5" depth with no problem at all. Does a beautiful job. Works fantastic for levelling ruts, chopping up fall and spring weeds and unwanted residue of any kind. Seeded canola into pro tilled lentil stubble and germination was the best we've seen although we had ample rain for most of the growing season. Looking forward to putting it to use again this fall. Makes fall tillage a breeze.

Comment

We just run a 42 ' case turbo till , witch is not really a true v/t machine but it works well in most situations .
                              We pull at 8.5 mph with a 9370 case at 409 hp .
                              Not big an flashy but it works.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.