• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions??

Does anyone have the numbers of how much beef is currently raised every year in Canada, how much is consumed in Canada in any year?

Also, I don't understand how or why anyone would still be importing beef from the US when Ours is so much cheaper. You can't tell me that they can't get the quality cuts they need here. There is so much beef ready to be slaughtered, there should be no reason for not having enough product. Right now, if the market is there only for the better cuts or whatever, it would seem to me that the packers could just sell the top cuts and turf the rest and still be competitive with beef imports, and not continue losing money.

Just a frustrated cattlemans opinion!

Are you shipping your beef at the cheep price? Or hanging on hopping that price goes up.
    Buyers know that we as Canadian Cattlemen can not export so they are Screwing their fellow Canadians by saying fine we will import from the US if you don't what to give us you beef at cheep prices. The stores already bought meat at the high price so they are not bringing the price down because they do not want to take a loss. No great mystery, screw or be screwed. And Canadian beef producers are getting screwed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...