• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clipping bulls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipping bulls

I am planning to take a 2-year old bull to my local fair. What areas need clipping? I see some bulls have necks and heads shaved and some don't? The bull I am taking has that really burly curly hair from his shoulders up, the rest of his body is flat, short hair.

I suppose its too late for this reply to be of much good but here goes anyway.
    Heads usually look better clipped and are much cleaner. Generally, body hair is clipped minimally.
    Summer clipping is usually pretty straight-forward. Close clip the head to just behind the ears, the under neck (dewlap to brisket). Its a lot more difficult to clip the hump if you want to leave hair on it. Clip the top line to remove stand-up hair so it looks level and clean. The tail can be clipped to about the level of the hock. Belly hair can be tipped to look smooth if ragged. The sheath should be clipped. Hope this helps

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...