• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse Vaccines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse Vaccines

In light of everything else that is happening, we haven't heard too terribly much about the availability of the west nile vaccine for horses. I'm curious to know if people have had much difficulty in obtaining the necessary doses to do their horses. What have your experiences been?

Readily available. In my area, vets will administer, not sell the vaccine to the client- ticks me off. This adds to the expense of my wife's and children's already expensive hobby. Horses came through the two doses just fine.

Comment

Probably quite timely that you got it done too. They just stated on the news today that they found the first case of West Nile in Alberta at Camrose in a dead magpie and there is a suspected case in Medicine Hat.

Red Deer will now be part of a 3 city study to see if the mosquitoes are carrying the virus. It was just a matter of time!

I hope that you horse owners have all had a chance to get it done - even though it is probably expensive - especially if the vet has to do it - but it's probably far cheaper in the long run than a sick horse.

Comment

We paid $26 per dose here in Western Manitoba. How about prices elsewhere?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...