• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allison in Wonderland

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allison in Wonderland

Last night Premier Allison Redford spent $55,000 of our money to inform us things aren't so rosy in Alberta after all. It seems that after 10 years of spending like drunken sailors the bills have come due?......and we need to have a "conversation" about what in the hell are we going to do!
    Okay.....here's two suggestions:
    -Fire Evan Berger from his "sweetheart" job. The job that was created out of thin air, with no actual job description!
    -Scrap the newly created "Property Rights Advocate Office". It was never needed or wanted. After Bill 2, the Responsible Energy Development Act, there is absolutely no need for this office....because we really don't have any property rights left!

Right there are two suggestions that should save a couple of $ millions!

Well if you like, we could send you our dear Dalton McGuinty . . .

Comment

I grew up with the word "statesman" or "stateswoman" if you like.
      That word's been re-defined or totally removed from our vocabulary.

Comment

For more fairy stories you can read the results of their
        budget consultation. Go to:

http://finance.alberta.ca/business/budget/dollarsand
        sense.html

click on "What we heard - read the full report"

Pages 49-51 refer to agriculture and resource
        development. If they follow the things they have
        written up as priorities I'll eat my hat.

Comment

I would suggest instead of tackling property rights to reduce the cost of doing business for a volatile oil industry,
          a few simple things they could consider...
          Being tough and responsible with spending (Evan Berger would be just the start)
          Putting some $ in saving (god forbid) to counteract oil price changes
          Consider a hedging strategy with oil/gas
          Invest in education and sustainable energy with their energy $ to create an economy that is more than one dimensional

I am not sure we live in a culture anymore that is comfortable with short term pain for collective long term gain, so
          I doubt we will ever see this kind of thing. The attitude seems to be let's spend it all ($ and natural resources)
          before our kids/grandkids can get their grubby paws on it.

Comment

That "Budget Consultation" by the 6000 Albertans was a farce. Seems to me the conclusions of the process pretty well follow the PC policy line and the consultation by this small number of participants was just window dressing and a PR stunt.

Comment

wilagro....you just have to pick the right ones to consult....like Tom?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...