• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Management

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm Management

Well has been a while since a post was made in this Farm Management area. Maybe some think they have no were left to turn to manage the risk management, financial management, developing new markets, tax/accounting, succession and estate planning. Like many there we are MAD or just melancholy!

When talking to producers about these things not a conversation goes by I don't see a finger pointed at the government! Hey folks, although I agree somewhat, I can’t agree the government has the responsibility to do these things for me, if this was the case, maybe I should pick up the phone when I am to tired to drag my tush from bed and ask my ag field man to come on over and get the feeding started while I have breakfast.

We do however need a better delivery system and communications system and working relationship with the academics that hold the information. Many producers don't have the ability to understand the language being presented to them, some I know can’t read or write but man they farm good!

So what are we doing about this? Hmmm I have heard stories from the inner sanctum, but I am having a challenge believing them.

My thoughts are until the people that hold the information (in their head, or have access to it) are willing to align themselves with people working directly in the industry and work with these people to develop leaders, movers and shakers, our ag industry especially at government levels is almost a waste of money! Those that can make it happen should make it happen, if the system they are in is not working do what the rest of the ag-community does when they have a job to do, "go over it, around it, under it, or through it! (oh don't forget once you have done all that work to get there pay your check off fee to the gate keeper)!

This is not meant to be cynical really it is just meant to open the eyes of some people I know are good people. I have worked with some of these folks before I know they are good!!

As the old story goes the sure path to disaster is "For enough good people to stand around and do nothing"

ARE WE THERE YET???????
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...