• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlorine?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chlorine?

How important is chlorine for cereal and oilseed production?
    We have a parcel of land that we rent that just doesn't produce like it should. As a school kid riding the bus, I can remember the farmer always silaging the field. Soil tests show very very low chlorine levels with everything else (except N,P,S which we apply).
    Also, considering how mobile sulpher is, can a guy increase soil S levels or is it just a yearly thing to do?

Isn't our Potash mostly a KCl form? Lots of Chlorine there if it is.

Comment

I know that the potash we buy is KCL therefore lots of chlorine in it but our soil tests show more than adequate natural K but very deficient in Cl.
      On the soil test report, are the nutrients listed at the top in order of importance?

Comment

No one nutrient is more important than
        any other. In the absence of chloride,
        the crop will suck. In the absence of
        sulfur, the crop will suck. In the
        absence of copper, the crop will suck.
        So no, while they may be listed in terms
        of most pounds per acre needed by the
        crop, they are not in an order of
        importance. They are all needed, they
        are all important. Yes, our potash, KCL,
        has good levels of chloride, and if your
        soil tests call for chloride, it would
        be your most efficient way to get it on
        the land...

JMHO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.