• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta to be "Zoned Out" of East?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta to be "Zoned Out" of East?

Charlie;

I was reading my "Good Morning" Ontario DTN report...

Ban Alberta Beef... then they could be self sufficient in Ontario... then to export... but maybe this isn't legal??? Maybe just "ZONE" us out... other jurisdictions have done this... it might be legal...???

Our famous PM spouting off about his surpluses... hitting the US below the belt... does he care about the US Border???

The East takes Billions upon Billions net yearly out of western Canada... and this is the sensitivity, help, and reward we are given....

I don't know what to say. I read in the U.S ag. news that they are talking about opening the boarder between Ontario and U.S. but that is because the U.S. is hurting just as much,and what the boarder open just as bad.
    I have a cow from out west and in no way shape or form am I making fun of your situation because they could come knocking at my door someday. If I had to watch they take away a load of heathy animals to kill I'm not so sure I would be able to get thro it, and my heart was pulled very badly when I had to watch the farmer load his Ang's in to the kill trucks. Believe me there is know way I would of helped them load up.
    People say stupit think to try and keep their on stress down, because we are all scared when we have no say.

Comment

I wonder if the Ontario Ag. minister knows that Ontario feeders come out west to buy feeders. The Americans don't seem too worried about their citizenry eating cattle born in Canada either. If you remember last fall the Americans were largely responsible for good feeder prices up here.

Comment

Yes, where does Ontario get their beef? I think someone said something they shouldn't have here. They need the wests cattle.

I am sure those in Ontario that have an idea about the industry are not saying those naughty things!

Comment

Jensend;

Very good point about the feeders that moved south to the US... I didn't quite put that one together myself, but with the big drought many more cow calf exports than normal, moved south.

The same with western born Prairie cattle that went to Ontario as feeders... or cows, heifers that ended up in eastern Canada.

I see the Canadian Alliance asking why the GST/Fuel taxes that are over two billion a year from BC, are not being put back in BC roads... now BC is talking about selling highways... because of the tax grab by Ottawa.

Our Canadian unity is Very delicate... and our PM is VERY arrogant to take credit for the prosperity of Canada... when much of the wealth came from the US to begin with... north across the US Border... over the last 10 years... doesn't matter if exports to the US were; beef, pork, wheat, finished food products, auto parts, lumber, oil and gas, aluminum, steel, or younger Cdn. folks making the big bucks from the south giving prosperity to us.

I would say the sooner PM Jean shuts his mouth, and gets out of Ottawa... the better off all of us will be!

Comment

Try this headline

US to start test for BSE from cows and heifers imported from Canada during the latest drought.

I think if a few newspapers picked up this thought our friends down south would realize that this is not a Canadian problem but a North American problem

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...