• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Security

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm Security

Has anyone made any changes or looking at changes to their operations in light of the recent events?

Do you think farms should?

Has anyone found any information on making security changes?

What type of security do you have in mind?
    Biosecurity - ISO 9000 lays out audit processes for incoming feeds/quality.
    Price security - The closer to the buyer the better?
    Market security - Grow the animals inside a bioborder (the US and BSE). Easier to move $$$ than animals.
    Production security - animals die

gg

Comment

Thanks graham, I was looking for some kind of check list a guy could use both for their own piece of mind and that may be part of an organized test or study.

I am interested in the results, complications and value a producer would see, both in terms of on farm safety, security and possible end market value.

Comment

The biggest problem with farm security is that salesmen, etc., ignore it, and the court system doesn't treat it seriously ie. walk in the front door of a strangers house without knocking and you're going to the police station, walk through a closed door with a biosecurity sign on a barn and the police won't even bother responding.

Comment

The biggest problem with farm security is that salesmen, etc., ignore it, and the court system doesn't treat it seriously ie. walk in the front door of a strangers house without knocking and you're going to the police station, walk through a closed door with a biosecurity sign on a barn and the police won't even bother responding.

Comment

dalek you are right for now anyway. As things become a little more defind I bet we will see some changes. However, I guess we are the regulators on our farms, and if you have a breach at least it can be pin pointed. We all know this is going to become more and more an issue ....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...