• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rural development

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural development

Hi everyone, has been a while since I last posted a message in here. But had an interesting talk the other day and thought about this forum.

We were talking rural development and what would make it happen, why we needed it and how we could accomplish the task.

Through the conversation I noted that I must have been hanging out with to many folks in the government. I kept talking about the goal being building the economic development in the towns, thinking the jobs would be closer to the rural communities and the money kept in the area. Processing or adding value to the ag-products would make things better. It was pointed out to me (like a sharp stick in the eye) the goal was to put more income into producers jeans so the younger folks would stay on the farm and be able to survive.

I like that idea better. My thoughts are (now) that the main goal is to increase the value of agriculture products to the producer. The value adding portion of the rural development is just a spin off.

What are your thoughts?

Hi, Cowman et al...
    Your entry sparked a small thought in my brain as response and minor contradiction.
    Increasing the value of the product is very important. However, there is another part of the puzzle that is typically ignored and must come as part of the package. This other portion is an item that our rural areas must do for themselves as the metro areas can not and will not provide it for them.

This area is in building an entrepreneurial spirit and attitude into the community. This package of personality developments can and should be fostered by the entire community, from family church and school through producer, processor and consumer. Without this the community dies and the world goes hungry.

Some of our children will develop as entrepreneurs seemingly from birth. Some will tend that direction, and others will never gain the sense. Our mission is to increase the numbers and strength of entrepreneurs among us, which leads then to increased value of our product.

Peace.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...