• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a good thing that a leadership campaign goes on every once in a while. The powers that be actually get out of Ottawa and Toronto and see how the rest of us live. In fact Mr. Manley remarked that something has to be done in rural Canada they are having troubles. I wonder if anyone ever tried to tell him that before? Don't get your hopes up people he isn't going to win and if he did win he would all of a sudden forget about us likely. Dam I am getting cynical in my old age, aren't I? Oh well we can always dream of a day when rual Canada will become important once again.

Are there any good candidates out there? For rural Canada I mean. Has anybody addressed rural issues in a real way? The ag policy framework is a joke. Paul Martin wants more money for the cities, which means less for us. Not that any of 'em would make meaningful change. Sorry, just a cynic too, I guess.

Comment

In every challenge there is opportunity. Not hard to be a cynic (God knows some of us earned it) but then to take that cynical energy and apply that to the issues at hand is what builds success.

I guess the key is to have the ability to decide which side of the fence you want to be on and your ability to work with others to do your part.

Working your own farm and being the grass roots of Canada means that as the root you need to provide the rest of the country with food. But just as important I guess the sun shines on the upper part of what the root holds up. None the less the only way we stand a chance to pass something on to the next generation is to work on the challenges we have today.

But off the soap box and to share a smile, I find the people I share agri-ville with inspiring and provide worthy input into though processes that can help us all make things happen.

Take this chance to smile and give yourself a pat on the back. Maybe no one else will but you deserve it.

Comment

I believe David Orchard who is currently running for leadership of PC party will stand up for rural issues. David id a farmer from Sask. He understands what is happening to our great country and I think if he were elected would do something about it.

Comment

Yes, I think that Mr Orchard might make a good PC leader. Unfortuately he has the same strikes against him that Joe Clark had....... Too honest, he's from the West, He's not from "Big Money" and he's likely too honest. Then again, that would make him a major contrast to Brian Mulroney.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.