• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta like our new Ag Minister

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta like our new Ag Minister

What do you think farmers_son? Can ABP work with George now?

Ed must not have received the memo.

Comment

But I have a feeling he received a few letters of support for George. Congratulations "per" and all of those who made full use of the democratic process.

Comment

Weeird you go farmers-son? Still hoping that Arno can sneak in a back door or something?

Gotta say - I got nothing against old Arno personally other than he seems to have been the choice of ABP/CCA to further their agenda.

Kinda likin the sound of the Parliamentary assistant as well.

Doug Griffiths is a bright young fellow from the Hardisty area who I find out likes a natural approach to agriculture. You might have seen him on the CBC show "The week the women went".

Comment

http://www.grainews.ca/issues/ISArticle.asp?id=81473&PC=FBC&issue=03132008

Alta. names new deputy ag minister
          FBC staff 3/13/2008 6:36:00 PM

Alberta's new agriculture and rural development department will have a new top bureaucrat, the province announced Thursday.

John Knapp, formerly the assistant deputy minister for the environmental assurance division of the environment ministry, has been named the deputy minister for agriculture and rural development.

Knapp, who was one of eight deputy appointments announced Thursday, replaces Rory Campbell, who was named deputy minister for agriculture and food in December 2006.

The agriculture department, which had responsibility for rural development until the two were decoupled in 2006, resumed that responsibility Wednesday in Premier Ed Stelmach's cabinet shuffle and departmental reorganization.

Comment

Good ---- Campbell never wanted to be there anyway.

What do you think farmers_son. Can ABP deal with Mr. Knapp? Do you think he will be able to stop the Minister from dealing with the ABP levy issue that every other organisation in the province wants dealt with?

Comment

John Knapp worked his way up through the system and in all the dealings I have had with him over the years, he is a straight shooter. He spent a couple of years as ADM with Ab Environment on secondment, and was sorely missed in the Ag Department . I think his return is well received by the department.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.