• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Thrashed Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Thrashed Canola

I was looking at my unharvested canola and it looks as if it came through the winter ok. I think it may be worth running through the combine. Does anyone have a comment as to what it may be worth and where it could be marketed?

waller, can't comment on what your seed is worth or where it could be marketed until its quality is known. The seed's quality will be the prime determinant of value and who will be interested in buying it.

Is there any chance that you could thresh out two or three half- or one-pound samples from various places around the field or fields? That way you'd have something that would be big enough to be evaluated for quality.

If you can get some samples, take or send them to the nearest Canadian Grain Commission lab (first choice) or your nearest crusher (second choice) to see what you've got. You can find out the nearest CGC lab by going to http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/Prodser/scmenu-e.htm .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...