• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the Pinebank Herd

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Pinebank Herd

What appears to have been missed in the discussion of some time ago is that what our programme is doing is breeding a animal that fits "our envirnment" Whether it suits yours in another matter and time will tell.
    Another thing for you to know, is that you came to us. We did not rush off to you with a canister of semen.
    I have only just come back into your discussion and you have enough problems of your own without me offering ignorent and useless words. If it is of any comfort to you to know that we have the same problems.
    A govt that is totally ignorant on agriculture and its problems. Meat marketing is very poorly done, prices in the sheep and beef industry are unprofitable and we are in the middle of the worst drought ever.
    Carry on and lets see if you are better at kicking your authorities than we are

Thank you for that.
    I think there are two things that will create success for your genetics in Canada.
    1. Putting the genetics to work in an environment/system where they are suited (farm level)
    2. Creating an environment for success (industry level)
    Glad to have your participation on Agri-ville, and look forward to more comments.

Comment

If the pictures on the front of the magazine that the article was in are a snapshot of your cattle Pinebank. I can honestly say, I like them a lot. If I were in the Angus biz, I would certainly try to work cattle like that in to my program.

I could see the work you have done continuing in a situation where the cattle were given a fair chance and not engaged in the challenges that the article spoke of right off the bat. I'm speaking of the 30% challenge which you have already satisfied for me with your explanation.

You folks are a lot closer than we are to the New Zealand example. Do you see merit in the New Zealand "Alliance Group" business model?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.