• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABP Questionnaire

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABP Questionnaire

Has everyone filled out their questionnaire from ABP ? I attended an Ag Service Board meeting today and was the only one there that had even heard about the darn thing.
    Hope everyone will fill it out, maybe Randy can give us some pointers on what to put in the comments section !!

LOL

I filled mine in and sent it but I don't have high hopes it will change anything. Most of the structure questions have little relevance to producers. The levy section offers more opportunity to comment but let's not kid ourselves ABP aren't going to voluntarily give up their levy even if the overwhelming majority of producers wrote in asking for that. I would expect less than a 5% return rate on the forms.

Comment

Every time I look at it something in my head says "Irrelevant" and I move on to something else. Maybe this is the motivation I need and will get at it today. It's OK to hear voices if it's your own, isn't it?

Comment

per, hearing voices may mean you aren't getting enough sleep in calving time....happens to me every year. Sometimes I even listen to the voices, and take their advice....!!
        grassfarmer, I agree 100% with you, tne entire excercise is a 'feel good' gesture on ABP's part, likely something they can wave in front of government, when they tell them they have 'consulted' with producers.
        I would venture to guess that even with a 5% response, ABP may not like the answers !!

Comment

I suggested that ABP take the top 1/2 dozen concerns raised the most by their meetings, mail outs and round table discussions and send out a plebicite to all producers. What do you all think? Could it happen? LOL

Another one of our zone delegates said that maybe an independent pollster be hired to ask the questions. Wow - was all I could respond.

Some ABP folks have been talking like this policy review is really putting ABP out there. The only way it will be out there in reality would be one of the two preceding suggestions.

Still feel that an independent review will be the only way to make change.

Comment

I keep hearing that there is some internal sparring going on at ABP, it that's the case, it's not likely producers will be well served.
            I am impressed to see that the damn questionnaire wasn't on glossy paper!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...