• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign trail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign trail

Are any of you working for a candidate to help them get elected? I took on the sign detail for my local MLA. What a nightmare. I am thinking of contacting my competitor so we can share locations. When you approach some folks they are receptive and some are not. We could speed the process if we put each other signs up. Signs are rather stupid anyway. What was I thinking?

Every campaign I have worked on has trouble recruiting sign people. This year the poor fellows that are in charge of signs have been wading through snow drifts, then having to go back and re-set the signs after they get blown over in the wind.

Comment

Coppertop it has turned out better than I was lamenting. We have all out signs out on hard infrastructure. Businesses allowed us to share their posts and we put small signs only on fences. Out in the country along the main hi-ways we were able to use corners on fences and some commercial guys let us use their locations. Our candidate is quite popular and respected as an MLA that gets things done. Each area that I had to deal with had a local business person willing to help with locations and installation. I hope they help take them down.

Comment

Most well respected MLA's have no problem getting folks to put signs out, particularly along high traffic areas.

Folks that have never been involved in any campaign just don't realize how many volunteer hours it takes.
        Our PC candidate is hosting a luncheon on Friday, and has made a point of ensuring that a large cross section of all area industries have been invited.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...