• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windy

I am a little curious what the current wind and snow situation is and how your cattle are faring. Mine are all hiding in the bush or at shelters. I hope the wind goes down by morning so they can go back to work without me. Not to much snow here to blow around though. Still 1/3 mile visibility.

Pretty bad at Rimbey, we were heading into Edmonton this afternoon but turned back after 10 miles. Whiteout conditions. We had probably 6-8 inches of snow on the ground already so there will be drifts to clear in the morning. On days like that I'm glad i'm politically incorrect enough to own a tractor rather than hiring all my feed delivered in the fall for bale grazing.

Comment

east of Clyde; the wind is still howling,temp is falling(20 below F),not much for fresh snow, cattle in treeline; other than that it was a lovely day!!

Comment

lmao...sunny and well above freezing today in the Okanagan valley of Southern BC...no wind to speak of and the cattle were slapping on SPF 40 and lounging around...

we are supposed to get snow again though...vs

Comment

Forgot to mention I am just south of Calgary 25 minutes. We got to 0 before this hit this morning it is now -24.

Comment

Three old guys are out walking.
            First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'
            Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
            Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer.'

Comment

Or the three ABP reps out for a walk.

First one: we really need to decrease our reliance on US markets.
              Second one: yep, we sure need to increase our dependence on the US.
              Third one: Yes, that's right - suggesting we BSE test to access new markets is pure BS.

Comment

I'm thursdee

Comment

They let the kids out of school this afternoon at 2PM-- Bitterly COLD out....I went to town today around 11 AM only because I had a doctors appointment that it took 3 months waiting to get into....Much of the 5 mile trip was at 5 mile per hour because otherwise you couldn't see the road....

After the Doc said I'd live to be 100 to harass all you Canucks - I stopped at the waterhole- where all the weekend fishing tournament folks were showing up (two SIL's took the $650 1st place with a 11 1/2 pound walleye they speared )...

Headed for home about 3PM- snow had quit and the sun was trying to shine-but still quite a ground blizzard- altho the roads are blowing pretty well clear and all the snowdrifts are building in the barrow pits and coulees....When I got home I ran out to make sure the floats weren't froze on the water tanks- and plugged my vehicle in and thought my hands were going to fall off since I'd cleaned up to go to town and only had a light pair of roper gloves on...Still haven't got them warmed up..

Temp is -22-- Wind is out of the WNW at 35-45 mph and the windchill is 60 Below....

Not fit for man or beast- so I'm taking Rkaisers suggestion of being "thursday"-- and fighting off the evening chill with a half gallon of good Canadian antifreeze (R & R)- as I listen to our idiot President in his state of the union speach tell everyone how great he is.....Only heard one good thing tonight--that is that this is his last state of the union speach.....

Comment

That whole post was horrible Oldtimer - especially the part about you living to be 100. That means we'll have to listen to your BS for another 10 years.

Comment

the temp is down to - 50F,can't recall it ever this cold.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.