• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xplornet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xplornet

What are other's experiences with this internet provider? As for me I would like to shove it up my salesman's XXX. To damn slow for my liking. The only comparisons that costomers gave was compared to dial up. I am an idiot.

What part of the country are you in??

I live just SE of Calgary and recently got high speed wireless installed. Efirehose is the company and so far so good. Download speeds of 4500kbps ( according to speakeasy speed test)have been reached but average more around 2500 to 3000. Upload is always near 1000.

I have heard nothing but bad reviews with xplorenet but have never used the service. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Comment

My speed test shows 3-500kbps using speedplexer broadband speed test.
      Wasn't sure I could reach the Sask-tel tower for broadband service. But if they get another tower up and running I will switch in a second. That survice on the cheaper package would be up to 2000kbps. Is 60kbps upload speed normal?

Comment

Dam I am pissed off and 50% at myself. Especially as I sit here waiting for pages to load up.
        I was a member of a local Bogend Broadband service. Full shareholder with 1000.00 dollars invested like most shareholders. Vecima Networks and Your Link who were supposed to be investors pulled out and forced the Bogend company into bankruptsy and bought bogend out for penny onto the dollar. I wonder how many times they have done this. I don't think Bogend is the only ones. Would be interesting to hear of more cases. I refuse to deal with such a company so I went to Xplornet, mistake, will have to go Sasktel when they have service here.

Comment

We switched from SaskTel to Yourlink and are very pleased with the service.With Sasktel we had dialup and that was all we could have.BUT after switching our hard drive has been to the shop three times due to problems as a result of SaskTel's dialup package. Local tech is very PO'd at our crown owned phone company. Seems every one that switchs is having the same troubles.

Comment

Yourlink all the way!!!! Switshed from SkTel dialup in Feb. Have not lost service yet that i've noticed, even during rain or blizzards when the satTV fades out.
            Costs $52/month after taxes and no limit, and signed up for the $150 install charge and free equipment deal.

Comment

We have been with YourLink for over 2 years. Very satisfied. We have had people visit who are on SaskTel highspeed. They said that YouLink was WAY faster.

Comment

Installed xplornet in Dec and it averaged 280kbps download after 40 speed tests. They are supposed to get 512 kbps which is still very slow after 25 days I had to cancel due to being just too slow and they fully refunded my money. I signed up for yourlink at crop production is Stoon but still isnt installed. They are fair weather installers so it is slow speed till then. Dont recomend Explornet to anyone. Yourlink $45.99/month 1mbps, Xplornet $69.99/month 512kbps.

Comment

albertahighspeed.net
                  only in central ab though,
                  great service, great guy (ex farmboy)

Comment

707kps download
                    661 upload

942 down
                    948 up

661 down
                    656 up

speedtest.net

Comment

Wildrosenet

Download 1820
                      Upload 589

Download 2365
                      Upload 925

Download 1925
                      Upload 485

Comment

I will echo hopperbins comments about xplorenet (satellite). My Dad got the xplornet and it was as slow as dial-up for internet browsing. Would not stream any video and you could forget about any file-sharing programs like e-mule or bittorrents. Lucky for him they had a 30-day period that you could back out with no penalty and they did it without a problem.
                        Now he is signed up with Inetlink wireless and it is snappy.
                        If your going for any rural service forget about satellite based providers and go with wireless.
                        Fortunatly I live in an area with DSL access which is excellent.

Comment

I have explornet (sat)am not happy with it at all

Comment

Just found out you can google xplornet sucks and find chats with unhappy xplornet users. Xplornet appears to have tried blocking the site.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...