• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABP Regional Plan Review Meetings...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABP Regional Plan Review Meetings...

I missed posting this yesterday (Lethbridge Day) but ABP is currenlty holding their regional plan review meetings from 6:30 to 10:30 pm at the following locations...
    Innisfail, Tonight, Old Moose Hall
    Wainwright, 24th, Elks Hall
    Westlock, 29th, Community Hall
    Grand Prairie, 30th, Stonebridge Hotel

The link to the ad is http://www.albertabeef.org/res/plan-review-ad.jpg

As I mentioned I posted too late to get last nights' meething in Lethbridge up.

For those of you who are interested in the direction or misdirection of ABP, it may be worth trying to attend. I think I am going to the Wainwright session.

Why bother Sean? the ABP refused to listen to our opinions through the (alledged) democratic process of the fall producer meetings/AGM process yet again - why should this be any different?
    This will be just another window dressing exercise as the fix is already in. To quote the article in Cattlemen mag "While the ABP is wrapping up a five-year review of it's own organizational structure this summer, no big changes are contemplated"

ABP - Against Beef Producers.

Comment

Someone has to show up (LOL).
      I think part of the issue is that often no one attends. ABP is not really top of mind engaging for most producers.
      If nothing else it should be a nice evening drive. Maybe I can stop at the new Walmart on my way into town (not).

Comment

First Plan Review meeting tackles tough issues

The first of five plan review meetings province-wide was held last night in Lethbridge. The regional plan meetings aim to obtain producer feedback on the future direction and structure of ABP. Alberta’s cattle producers want a strong, unified organization that can represent them provincially, nationally and globally and Alberta Beef Producers (ABP) is that organization.

Around 70 producers attended the meeting, many voicing opinions on what changes are necessary to make ABP a more powerful organization. Issues like zones and delegate numbers were raised, as was the topic of mandatory vs. voluntary check-offs and the roles of Cattle Feeder Council and the Cow/Calf Committee. A facilitator is present to lead the discussions at each of these meetings, along with current ABP delegates, board members and several staff members on hand.

The information and feedback received from producers at these five regional meetings will be considered by the Plan Review Working Group in their formulation of recommendations for change to the Alberta Beef Producers Board of Directors. No decisions have been made on any topics or issues raised by the producers or the steering committee. At this stage in the review, producers are asked to submit their opinions on what changes they would like to see for ABP.

The Working Group is made up of representatives from the purebred, cow-calf and feedlot sectors as well as the auction markets and order buyers. Representatives have been appointed to the Working Group by Western Stockgrowers’ Association, Alberta Cattle Feeders Association, Alberta Auction Market Association, Alberta Livestock Dealers and Order Buyers Association and the Feeders Association of Alberta.

The regional meetings left to be held are in Innisfail, Wainwright, Westlock and Grande Prairie. The dates and locations are listed below.

Further information can be obtained on the ABP website at http://www.albertabeef.org/about/plan-review/ or by calling the Calgary office at (403) 275-4400. All meetings begin at 6:30 p.m.

Innisfail - Old Moose Hall - Jan. 23, Wednesday

Wainwright - Elks Hall - Jan. 24, Thursday

Westlock - Community Hall - Jan. 29, Tuesday

Grande Prairie - Stonebridge Hotel - Jan. 30, Wednesday

For more information, please contact:

Lori Creech
        Communications Manager
        Alberta Beef Producers
        (403) 451-1179
        loric@albertabeef.org

Comment

No real dust up in Innisfail.

Comment

Went to Wainwright last night. I think it was worthwhile and the discussion was good. There were some different viewpoints around the room, and a lot of variety in operations, and in perspectives. There is a lot of inherent segmentation of the industry in people's minds.
            The only real disappointment was the small turnout.
            We shall see what comes of the plan review.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...