• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to buy public land

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to buy public land

I applied 11 months ago now, they came out last summer and did the soils, said it was not worth logging & have heard nothing since. Why does it have to take so long to get something so simple done? When I phone Alberta Sustainable Resources they say they need to get the soils work done yet, well it been done! Tens of thousands of acres farmable in the north but because the gov't is so slow land value around here (township 125) is nearing $80,000/quarter. The people that did the soils were from Grande Prairie 5 hours drive. They told me they were behind 100 quarters behind in inspecting. How do I speed this process up?

Allfarmer;

Have you tried talking to your MLA about this problem?

Join your local PC association... work to help speed things up through positive reinforcement.

Talk to Walter P. as well, you may be surprised what these folks can offer... if you need specific action!

Comment

By all means...join the PC association. Ralph always looks after his friends.

Comment

Wilagrow;

"THE HEAVIEST THING A MAN CAN CARRY IS A GRUDGE"...

"DON'T PLAN THE FUTURE LOOKING IN THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR"

Wilagrow;

If there were strong opposition MLA's, it might be constructive to deal with a local opposition MLA that could help.

I don't think there are any opposition MLA's up in the Peace, are there?

Comment

There are no opposition members YET but who needs them in a virtual dictatorship.

Comment

I phoned Mike Cardinals office and got a couple calls back from sustainable resources. I seem to be getting some action since they phoned again today and thanked me for getting some people to move on this. I figure it will be at least another year before this is done yet.

Comment

Allfarmer;

It sure is good to see you have a pioneer spirit... Alberta was built by people with vision and a positive outlook on the future!

I know by past experience that this process does not move fast... all the best!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...