• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Program for Livestock producers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Program for Livestock producers

Does anyone know if there is anymore to these programs than just the livestock advance?

From what I understand, it's just loans and advances (loans) for us poor ol' MB people. Sounds like SK and AB have some sort of additional funding for their producers, but the last time I heard our ag min. on the radio, it kinda sounds like she's "hangin' us out to die"! Like it ain't enough already that we hafta pay the freight to get our critters out west (via lower prices)! We need feedlots, grasslots, packers! Apparently at one of the ag functions, people were asking where they could buy Manitoba beef....I bet the folks running it couldn't answer that one, eh?!?!! (Sorry, kinda went off-topic there!)

Comment

I have to agree with you there. I think the NDP would prefer if everyone outside the perimeter would just pack up and go away!

Rosie's the only minister from outside Winnipeg, and quite frankly I don't think anyone listens to her in there anyway. Agriculture is a major part of the Manitoba economy, but the government couldn't care less, in my opinion.

At least they haven't gone on the offensive in an all out effort to shut down cattle operations like they have with the hogs.....yet.

Maybe we're next. Or maybe they'll just let the markets kill us off and then they'll be rid of us. We can turn our farms into cross country ski trails and goose sanctuaries and everyone will be happy.

My rant for the day...

Comment

rosi may have been from out of Winnipeg but she saw the writing on the wall and sold out her farm a couple of years ago. Mister Doer had to look on a map to find the Man. Sask border the other day to find out where our border meets up with his. Sometimes being in sask isn't all that bad.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.